Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Hood Lift Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Sep 2003, 11:34 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Hood Lift Kit

Hello all. I know some of ya'll out there got this mod because you talked about it a while back on the forums. I'm talking about the hood lift kit. I'm looking to buy the Moss Motor's version of this mod. Does anyone have this, or by another manufacturer? Does this mod completely eliminate the need for/use of the prop rod? I've heared that it's one of the best/first mods one should get, and I refuse to have anyone work under the hood without it installed...I've read all the horror stories too about unknowing mechanics forgetting to replace the rod and ...well you know...[B)]
Old 29 Sep 2003, 11:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have the one from Blane http://home.pcmagic.net/blajess/

here's a pic of them installed

Driver Side

Passenger side

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 30 Sep 2003, 12:05 am
Regular Cruiser

Hey Rice Killer, I just checked out that website. They look great color matched to your car! Are they really as good as they say, any comments, problems?
Old 30 Sep 2003, 12:09 am
Cool Cruiser

They are as good as advertised. Blane is great to work with, handles his business with professionalism.

No problems with them, color match, as you can see, was perfect very easy to install. Best mod to do to your PT.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 30 Sep 2003, 12:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

My first mod was also the Blane hood struts. I agree with r_k_GT. A great kit, easy to install, and a professional guy to deal with.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 08:41 am
Senior Cruiser

just read on this site, you can buy these struts at a marine store. you would have to make your own brakets though.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 09:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Hood struts are one of the best things you can do for your PT. Numerous stories from owners about how the dealer, garage machanics and even the owners themselves have damaged the hood after trying to close it with the prop still engauged. Almost everyone agrees that it was poorly designed to put such a small prop way back by the firewall.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 30 Sep 2003, 03:45 pm
Cool Cruiser

Get the Blaine struts they are much better than the ones from Moss
Old 01 Oct 2003, 08:41 am
Regular Cruiser

Had to put my vote in for Blanes hood lifts also. This is one of the best (and simplest) mods I have done to the Cruiser... a quick 30 minute job to fit them and they are great value. My advise - Get 'Em Now!!

[?]
Old 01 Oct 2003, 09:57 am
Regular Cruiser

Thanks all...Then Blane's hood lifts it is!