Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fender skirts and exhaust

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Nov 2009, 05:35 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Talking Fender skirts and exhaust

I have a 2007 Pt Cruiser and I'm interested in putting on Roman Chariot fender skirts. Does anybody know anything about these ? Is it impossible to take the tires off or put air in them (I know you have to remove the skirt, however, how hard is it to remove the skirt). Are they hard to install, good quality, ground clearance issues?

I'm also interested in putting a single performance muffler on the car (Just muffler, utilizing the rest of the stock exhaust). I'm looking fo a muffler that sounds good (not too ricey) and with limited drone/not too loud.

I might go with duals out the back. I want the same sound as above(best exhaust system ?). Do I need a new bumper or can I cut out a have circle for the other pipe. If I need a new bumper, where can I get one with the dual cut-outs.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate the help !!!!!
Old 22 Nov 2009, 06:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Fender skirts and exhaust

Can't tell you anything about the fender skirts. I have, and recommended to others, the Dyno Max #17732. Sounds good and very little drone. Sound is pretty objective as in what's good for one is too loud for someone else. Try and find someone with a sound you like and ask what they have. The cutout for the dual exhaust is done by a muffler shop or, like I did, cut it out yourself. The bumper is pretty thin and flexible back there so if your careful it will look like it's a factory job.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 08:03 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks a lot, I heard good things about Dynomax !
Old 22 Nov 2009, 10:28 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

[QUOTE]Does anybody know anything about these ?/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're ugly as crap. Well, thats my 2 cents worth. I don't care for them but have seen them on other PT's but no idea where they got them. Race and Street might can help. Love the dual exhaust though. Mine came from some place in Arizona; no particular name brand.
Old 22 Nov 2009, 11:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Anybody ever hear of kool vue mufflers ? They look really good, but I never heard of them. Wondering how they sound and the quality ? Still wondering about the Roman Chariot fender skirts, Thank you !