Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Anyone have the full chrome bumpers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24 Dec 2009, 11:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Anyone have the full chrome bumpers?

I searched the forum but couldn't find any posts about the chrome bumpers that Cruiser Motor Sports has. These are full-length metal chrome bumpers, and run about $500 for the front and rear. I'm trying to get some feedback from anyone who's bought them.

Thanks for any replies.
Old 26 Dec 2009, 09:16 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to Taggert_LOA
Default Re: Anyone have the full chrome bumpers?

i've seen pics of a used set about a year ago. there was ALOT of rust on the inside. seems they rot out from the back.
Old 26 Dec 2009, 09:39 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Anyone have the full chrome bumpers?

We have a woman in our Tampa Bay club that has the chrome bumpers and it's always on the trophy list at the end of the show. She keeps it in the garage when not in use so I don't know about any rust problem. If yours is kept outside all the time, I'd find out more information about them.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 26 Dec 2009, 06:28 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Anyone have the full chrome bumpers?

repost by mistake

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 26 Dec 2009 at 06:31 pm.
Old 26 Dec 2009, 06:30 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Anyone have the full chrome bumpers?

Hey their Monkeyleg,

Welcome to the Forum. I try to stay very active within the greater PT Cruiser Community on the west coast and know of several people who have the Chrome Bumper Covers, and love them! In addition I am involved in professional Automotive Detailing, and have worked on a large number of my friends PT's both here in Southern California, and across the United States after selling my high end detail shop in order to do some traveling as a long haul truck driver with Fed Ex National LTL. SO far I have not heard of any corrosion problems of any kind in the Chrome Bumper Covers to date. I am approximately 15 minutes from one of the largest, most well known, and respected PT Aftermarket Warehouses in the Country who not only has these Bumper Covers in stock, but deals directly with the Manufacturer of the parts. I just left a message for him in reference to a possible corrosion problem, and will follow up with him hopefully on Monday. Meanwhile, here is a Link to Mitch's Shop where you can find the Bumper Covers. Just scroll to the second item down.

Bumpers-Roll Pans-Covers

I do know their was a gentleman a while back that was making custom made full chromed Bumpers for PT's out of two inverted Volkswagen Beetle Bumpers split in half, and re-welded back together off a custom salvaged center section to make the correct width of the PT. I believe he was back east as well. As you mentioned that the corrosion problem appeared to be coming from the back of the part in question, I was kind of wondering as to if this part might have been one of those Bumpers and not the Bumper Covers as the Covers are held snugly up against the body line over the existing bumper via a healthy dose of 3M Red Double Sided Sticky Tape so their is no visible means of seeing the back side for any type of problems associated with corrosion. As stated above, I have not personally heard of this type of incident, but it is not impossible by any means depending on the circumstances, the part may have been damaged during transit, their may have been a defect in the part that the installer missed while inspecting the part prior to installation, and so on. It is ALWAYS a very goopd idea no matter what parts you are going to put on your PT, to always do a thorough inspection of the parts to make double sure they are free from defects, and ready for installation! Never assume!!!

Taggert,
If by any chance you might have any pics of this corrosion, could you please forward them to me so I could further document this for future reference?

Thank you

Other than that, you guys go easy and I will catch yall later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing