Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
What's it called?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Dec 2009, 06:14 pm
Young Cruiser

Default What's it called?

A friend has a 2006 touring- silver. The "do-dad" that holds the fog light bulb is missing from her driver's side. The black beveled part that fits in the hole is also missing. What part names am I-is she- looking for to replace them? Right now, the fog light bulb is just sort of hanging in the hole. It still works, so the wiring is intact, but the whole "thing" the bulb seats in is missing.
Old 29 Dec 2009, 06:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: What's it called?

I was going to say lamp socket, but since the light works, socket must be there - socket housing?
Very pecuiliar - I thought the "socket housing" surrounded the socket so I don't see how it could disappear....

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 30 Dec 2009, 07:36 am
Young Cruiser

yep, I'm confused, too. I don't know how she got the damage she has.

The black plastic(?) thing that goes around the lens is gone, the lens is gone, the thing that holds the bulb inside the lens is gone, but the bumper is intact and the actual wiring for the light and the bulb are ok.

I'm thinking it shouldn't be too hard to replace the lens parts and I think there are chrome parts that can replace the black part that's missing, so there should also be black ones somewhere, but I need a name to be able to search for them.
Old 30 Dec 2009, 10:26 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Oh, now I get it - she hit something....
Old 30 Dec 2009, 11:14 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Isn't that part of the whole lamp housing?

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 30 Dec 2009, 05:13 pm
Young Cruiser

Well, I finally found the chrome ones. Cruisermotorsports is calling them "fog light inserts" and they want $150 for them, for both sides, but they only sell them in pairs and only the chrome ones.

The actual lens housing part which would replace her bulb is another $115 per side.

I'm wondering about salvage yards, now. We have a lot of 'you-pull-it' places here that charge a lot less for those sorts of cosmetic things.

Thanks for helping me brainstorm, guys.