Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Shorty antenna

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jan 2010, 03:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Shorty antenna

I'm tired of the look of mine, and I've found a ton of cheapies on Ebay, so I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post some pictures of what they look like, and if possible, pictures comparing the stock antenna to the shorty.

I searched for it through the forums, but after I got to the 6th page of posts, I figured I'd just start a thread.

Thanks guys!

Old 15 Jan 2010, 02:01 am
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Shorty antenna

Perfect timing. I was wondering the same thing. Since I drive thru the hills, I lose the FM station for about a minute. I'm...so...not digital with this car...

2005 Touring Black - Automagic....California Smog Legal

H&R Cup Kit | TSW Sakata 18x8 35ET | Nankang NS-II 235/40/18 | SPC front alignment cam - rear shim | Master Pro Rotors | Master Pro Ceramic F/R pads | Rebuilt Cylinder Head - Safety Valves and Guides | Felpro Head Gasket and upper rebuild kit | Fail-safe 195 degree thermostat | Mopar Waterpump...lol | 3rd radiator fan motor | Gates timing belt kit | WIX filters (oil, transmission) | Mobile 1 5w30 | Mopar ATF4 | Redline Water Wetter | K&N Drop-In | 4th Drive side Axle | Energy Suspension Torque Mounts | 3rd set of Torque Mounts...
Old 15 Jan 2010, 04:19 am
Senior Cruiser

Well, it's not that I want it for functionality or anything-- I have a hard drive mounted in my glove box with all my music and I control it with my headunit-- I barely ever listen to the radio, it's just that.. I don't really use it and if I could, I'd shave it, but that's way over my head and a project I'll probably save up until I decide to repaint the car..

So I figure if I'm stuck with an antenna, why keep the one we have now when it's like 5 feet tall?

Old 15 Jan 2010, 07:19 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I got mine from Maggie at raceandstreet.com Have had it on 2 different PT's. I use Sirius for listening.

2008 Silver Steel Metallic, Touring, NA, Sirius; Chromed door handles; lower grille; fog light surrounds; chrome front & rear bumpers strips; Airaid air filter; Bassani duals; Modesty Cover; Autolite AP5263 Platinum Plugs (.040); Crane Plug Wires; NAPA Ceramic pads; Blane hood struts; PTeazer Gas, Brake & Foot Rest Pedals, '05 Rear Step Pad, Stainless Door Sills, Llumar tint, "A" Piller chrome; APC Strut Bar
Old 15 Jan 2010, 01:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

I also got mine from Race and Street. I bought the 12" black powder coated over the 9" because I figured that'd be way too short. I really hated the stock antenna especially when trying to wash the windshield (how you have to work around that flag pole). With the 12" one, you just have to worry about impaling your stomach

I didn't take any comparison shots in particular,but this is as close pictures as I could find:

Stock Antenna

12" Antenna

Old 15 Jan 2010, 05:45 pm
Senior Cruiser

Hm. I guess it looks better than stock, but I'm really not sure. One part of me is jumping out and saying "SHAVE IT!! SHAVE IT!"

Old 15 Jan 2010, 08:46 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Shorty antenna

Hey guys,

I know this is still a cheaper mod but I went the even cheaper route and heated up the black tip on my stocker antenna, popped it off, grabbed a hack saw and chopped her down to size. Then I slapped a bit of good adhesive in the black tip, and stuck her back togehether and bam...instant shorty antenna!

Cost $0.00

Go easy, and I will catch yall later

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 18 Jan 2010, 05:10 am
Fresh Cruiser

I've been interested in changing the stock antenna out too, but I'm way more miffed that I can't get the antenna bezel off first

But, since someone stole my stereo, there's no point worrying about the antenna until I get THAT sorted out too. Hohum.

2007 4-speed convertible: First mod up! Chrome belt line, followed by doorcups ASAP.
Old 19 Jan 2010, 12:04 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Cool Re: Shorty antenna

I'm mostly listening to the city stations while driving to & from work.
So, reception isn't an issue.
But, I though that the looks were....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg flame antenna - low.jpg (65.1 KB, 28 views)

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 19 Jan 2010, 09:48 pm
Senior Cruiser

Cool Re: Shorty antenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris15 View Post
Hm. I guess it looks better than stock, but I'm really not sure. One part of me is jumping out and saying "SHAVE IT!! SHAVE IT!"
Im going to shave mine! I dont like the look of it so Im showing you the idea that I have... Hope you like it!!!

New Car TV/Radio AM/FM 2IN1 Antenna Amplifier+Booster - eBay (item 230399842901 end time Dec-15-09 02:52:20 PST)