Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Looking for cool vinyl flames and pics.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jan 2010, 02:36 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thumbs up Looking for cool vinyl flames and pics.

I been searching for a vinyl flame kit for my 01 PT. I was looking at Streamline designs web site and saw some I liked there..thanks for posting that site Crewzin. Does anybody else know of some cool other sites to look for flames or even some woody vinyl but not the whole woody kit. If you might have them on the car possibly post some pics? Thanks Tim
Candyman if I could afford it I would be sending for you, or I didn't live 1000's of miles away.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 03:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Looking for cool vinyl flames and pics.

Here's some more to look at:

PT Cruiser - Graphic Decal Kits

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 23 Jan 2010, 03:45 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Looking for cool vinyl flames and pics.

Hey their twress,

Not a problem my man. If I were still on the Truck, I might have just had to work on getting a load out your direction to take care of that for ya like I used to do on occasion, but at least for the time being, vinyl will definitely do.

In addition to Streamline, if these people are still around, they used to do a ton of PT's all over the west coast, came pretty highly regarded from the PT Community, and did some pretty decent work. They usual;ly do a ton of work at big PT Shows out here like the PT River Run.

index

A couple more things you might look around for might be,

1. Maybe check into wraps as they can do some really cool looking stuff more so than just doing vinyl, it looks way better, and even though I seriously wonder why more people don't do this more often, the people who do Wraps can also do your dash top, or A Pillers, and much more as well so you can actually do flames to match both outside, and in, or do true fire, or take a flame design like mine and do it with a carbon fiber look, or you name it! They can even do wraps in that new Satin flat look which looks like the real deal hot Rod Vibe, but is totally removable at any time. Some people who own high end exotics like Benz, or Lambo are doing full body wraps like that to give a unique ultra cool unique look while basically protecting the entire paint job underneath. So if I were going to look at non-permanent flames that looked decent, I would check wraps first. Even if the cost was slightly higher than vinyl, it will look much better.

2. My number 2 thought would be to look into a new technique in which some Companies who do Vinyl are now offering Vinyl Graphics which actually utilize Air Brushing so it gives it a more realistic look to it. Its more or less just a bit cleaner, and looks cooler than just doing regular vinyl. Here is a quick example of what I mean, but if you really do some searching, you can find some pretty cool Graphics out there, but you have to really look for them.

ATE Catalog

Welcome to LB Graphics - Your one stop shop for vinyl graphics.

SlamWrap - an affordable airbrushed style graphic

Here is a fairly good one. Scroll down and see the various examples in the menus.

Custom Vinyl Graphics - Automotive and Custom Vinyl Graphics

That ought to give you some different things to think about anyways. If possible just try to steer clear of the hokey little vinyl stuff floating around out their that just looks cheap! Their is no reason why you can't do vinyl and still look cool!

Remember, Their is just no excuse for ugly!!!

So, you go easy, and I will catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 23 Jan 2010, 10:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

StreamlineDesign is where I went...

Automotive Graphics

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 23 Jan 2010, 10:57 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Thanks guys, It will give me something to look through at work tomorrow if its slow. I don't think it will be those flames though.... I don't know Candyman which part of that car I like the best, so much to chose from. I know it has to be either the spinners or maybe that blower sticking out of the hood.. lol
Old 24 Jan 2010, 03:02 pm
Regular Cruiser

Here's a picture of my Solar Yellow Street Cruiser, with Silver/Bluemist flames, from Auto trim express!!

Backdraft
102 Silver/Bluemist
Old 24 Jan 2010, 09:48 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Mine use to look like this. Shade shifting vinyl.

Old 26 Jan 2010, 10:39 am
Cool Cruiser

I haven't actually seen these in person, but these Liquid Touch Graphics look pretty awesome to me. This is something I would definatley choose over vinyl.

SpeedGraphics & Sign Design. Inc. Online Store - Vehicle Graphics :: Liquid Touch Graphics, Airbrushing Flames, Painting Flames

They cost a little more, but I think the end result would be well worth it.
Old 26 Jan 2010, 12:27 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Looking for cool vinyl flames and pics.

Hey their Will,

Their ya go! That is exactly what I was looking for! See how much better those look! Cool find, and I think you would be far happier with the final outcome with something like that over just regular vinyl graphics.

Anyways, that is my 2 cents. You go easy, and please let me know what you come up with.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 26 Jan 2010, 01:02 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Their ya go! That is exactly what I was looking for! See how much better those look! Cool find, and I think you would be far happier with the final outcome with something like that over just regular vinyl graphics.
These should polish right up along with the paint

I think some classic flames would look hot on say a black 05 GT Turbo 'vert

For these, I would want to have them installed at a body shop because the process does call for wet sanding and clear coat application. I'd happily give up a couple hundred bucks on top of the kit price to know it was done right.