Advertisements
Just a couple of odds and ends.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Feb 2010, 08:54 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Just a couple of odds and ends.

Hey Everyone,

I Cruised up to see Mitch over at Cruiser Motor Sport yesterday, and for some reason every time I head up that way, I always wind up bringing boxes of stuff home with me.

So, on this trip, I wound up with some smoked headlight covers, flamed billet mirror, and a billet T handle to cover over the rear wiper motor which interestingly enough was the last one in stock, and since the Company that produced them apparently went out of Business, this is the last one period.

Then I went and mixed up a little bit of my Tangerine paint to clean a couple things up a bit with my air brush, and while I had everything out, I went ahead and sprayed my shifter ball as well.

So, nothing too big, but still adding bits and pieces as we go. I have been trying to find time to get my ride back in the spray booth, but don't want to head all the way out to the River Run in Laughlin, NV with that fresh of paint if I can help it, so I will go ahead and wait it out for a bit until I get some good time, and then the plan is to shave the tail lights, and the rear hatch handle, smooth in some fush mount LED tail lights into my new Teazer Pan which already has the back up lights shaved, and a cool custom license plate box with a lexan cover that will sit flush with the pan to make one smooth surface all the way across. Then smooth the pan into the body, and re-spray some color back on it, and most likely finally do some more air brush on the trunk lid to match up to the flames.

Anyways, here are a couple of pic's of the stuff I got yesterday. Sorry the Pic's aren't too great, as I have been working on stuff all day, and the weather is looking to go south on us here shortly. Man, I have had enough of this dang rain!

Anyways, a couple of quick shots. Once the weather lets up I will get some good ones.

So, that's about it for now. You guys go easy, and I will catch ya later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing

Last edited by Candyman; 20 Feb 2010 at 08:59 pm.
Old 21 Feb 2010, 07:45 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Just a couple of odds and ends.

Lookin Good, as always, Don.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 03:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Candyman where did you get your steering wheel or steering wheel cover on your PT? Its pretty cool looking. I saw it on you gallery pics.
Old 22 Feb 2010, 03:47 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Smile Re: Just a couple of odds and ends.

Hey Crewzin,

As always, I thank you much! I can't wait for some better weather so I can click off some good pic's again. Its been raining at least once a week for a couple of months it seems! I am ready for some more good old So Cal sunshine for sure!

The twress,

It was an old Grant Fiberglass Overlay I got a few years ago. For some reason I only saw them for a short time, and then they were gone. Not sure why, but their may be some more floating around the Web somewhere. I saw some a while back, but not sure where I found them at. If I find one, I will be sure to let you know.

UPDATE:

The pic shows the cover I have.

http://www.streetperformance.com/par...867-93120.html

Go easy, and I will catch yall later.

Candyman

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Last edited by Candyman; 22 Feb 2010 at 03:58 pm.
Old 23 Feb 2010, 08:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Thanks Candyman....yours still is one of my favorites
Old 23 Feb 2010, 12:11 pm
Regular Cruiser

Candyman, that looks awesome.
I had to sand off my flames. got a bad batch of orange that not only lifted, but it lifted the yellow and black too...
Junked that. Ordered yellow and orange from TCP global (Hot Rod flatz urathane, same brand as my black-or at least its equivalent --mines eastwood)
luckily i only did the hood when that happened...
i shot the epoxy (even if not needed) and fixing to shoot the satin black urathane again... thing is, THIS time, I got that huge masking paper you can draw on... always taped and papered before so this will make things much easier..
still, i struggled with a transition on the flames to go to the sided, front clip, a tad into the doors..
any tips on the transition? can i see a side profile of yers?
I wont copy, just looking for a better way than what i had in getting the licks down the sides from the hood...
Old 23 Feb 2010, 01:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

luv those smoked headlight covers.......
PT Cruiser Inferno Red GT Cruiser. 5Spd 215HO HP 17" Chrome wheels, Chrome gas cap, door spears, door handle cups, door buttons,door lock pins, vent covers,rear spoiler,rear painted mudflaps,, chrome/carbon fibre/like ebrake cover, wiper jet covers,bra, seat covers,Mr. Mikes welting, chrome valve stems and caps, leather ebrake boot,chrome change holder cover,black/red leather steering wheel cover, chrome antenna bezel and chrome 12:" antenna,rear quarter window decals, winter car cover for winter storage, special made DREAM CREWZER dash plaque.upper windshield eyebrow tint , gts headlight protectors, carbon fibre taillight covers,car cover,K&N drop in filter, AMX intake pipe, shiny metal steering wheel spoke covers:Mopar door sills, rear chrome licence insert.street series badge,billett grill,engine start button, red brake calipers,painted engine manifold,chrome vent knobs,chrome/carbon fibre shift knob
Old 23 Feb 2010, 06:23 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey their twress,

No problem my man, anytime, and thank you!

CareyK, I thank you as well! You were the one that got me to thinking about them, and I have been wanting them ever since!

And finally, Rowdy,

Sorry to hear about your little hich up in the program man! It does happen though for sure, and I have had my fair share of those kind of things more than I care to admit.

Anyways, you can copy my flames anytime! That transition can be a bit tricky. I usually just free hand my layouts, and just go with the flow of it which actually make it more interesting to me as no two flame jobs are ever the same. I big time prefer free hand rather than the newer computer cut making methods they have now. It just takes a little practice, but it gets easier as you go. Anyways, here are a couple of pic's for ya. I purposely left them full size so you could hopefully see the way the flames transition. If you need any more photo's, please feel free to ask away, and I will click off some more at whatever angle you might need. Anyways,

I hope those help. If you need any more, just let me know.

Go easy, and I will catch ya later.

Candyman

Old 23 Feb 2010, 06:29 pm
Regular Cruiser

thanks a ka-jillion. that helps a lot.
Ill keep ya posted on my progress..
Old 25 Feb 2010, 03:53 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Hey their Rowdy,

Never a problem Sir! I am always happy when I can be of any help, and if you ever have any questions, you know where I am!

Here is my next little project I am going to try to tackle here shortly. A big time THANK YOU must of course go out to Ray for the brand new Teazer Pan, as well as Ron from ODaddyO for the assist on shaving the back up lights, and making the way too cool custom lip, and lexan cover which will flush, and make one smooth uniform piece over the license plate when finished. I couldn't get the cover to sit in the lip in the pic as it was a bit windy when i was taking the shot so its sitting just above in the pic, but you get the idea. Anyway, here is the new Pan waiting to go.

My plan is to go ahead and shave the rear handle, shave the tail lights, and put some custom flush mounted LED Tail Lights into the pan, and smooth the pan into the body to give everything a nice ultra smooth look, and then re-shoot the back in one shot. I am still going to leave off the graphics as of yet and instead go back to just the HOK Kandy Tangerine for now as I still am big time wanting to go for splitting the tailgate to finish the look. Anyways, here is the thought on the pan smoothed into the body. Still not sure if I want to round the trunk edges as of yet, or keep them stock. Kinda a 50/50. Anyways,

And here is pretty much the look I am going for except mine will be smoothed in, and with my License Plate flushed in with the Lexan cover which will either be smoked, or painted with a few light coats of transparent Kandy Tangerine Paint, and covered in Clear. Not sure yet.

And then finally my Tail Gate Split I have been drooling over forever! Also, those straight Suicide rear doors, and full Ragtop are a comin as well to complete the Cali Style look I want!

That's the method to my madness at the moment anyway. What do ya think, have I really gone off the deep end as my Wife thinks? Hahaha.

Go easy, please let me know how your Flames come out! I can't wait to check them out when ya get them all done! Bet they are gonna look sick for sure!

Candyman

Last edited by Candyman; 25 Feb 2010 at 03:57 am.