Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Washer lights/undercar lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31 Oct 2003, 04:22 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Washer lights/undercar lights

Just ordered purple washer lights and got a deal for $12.95. Now I find them at Fry's Electronics near me for $9.95. They also have the Light Glow underbody kits for $99.00 among other things. This is good news IF you have a Fry's electronics near you (mostly West Coast).

I'm considering buying the undercar light kit, but I'm thinking it might be TOO bright...
Old 31 Oct 2003, 09:15 am
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gazoo
I'm considering buying the undercar light kit, but I'm thinking it might be TOO bright...
Well, I'm of the opinion that you can never have enough neons!

(Of course that's just me!!)
Old 31 Oct 2003, 10:30 am
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

Neons, tastefully done, are a great addition to this car. Id go for the underbody kit. You can checkout my homepage/ I dont think theyre too bright. The pic of me in the garage is NOT how they normally look. I dunno what the heck happened there. Still looking for a holy image or something.

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 03 Nov 2003, 01:26 am
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sakigt

Neons, tastefully done, are a great addition to this car. Id go for the underbody kit. You can checkout my homepage/ I dont think theyre too bright. The pic of me in the garage is NOT how they normally look. I dunno what the heck happened there. Still looking for a holy image or something.
Do you drive with them on? Side ones look like they're mounted close to the outside. Do you know if there is a place to put them far towards the middle of the car without getting in the way of the exhaust, etc.? I'll have to do some research. I was thinking even though they'd be going through a switch, that I'd usually drive with them on. Therefore, nice neon but not to bright. What do you think?

<font size=\"2\"><b><u>2004 Graphite Turbo Platinum Edition</u></b></font id=\"size2\">
<font size=\"1\">Stubby Antenna - <font color=\"purple\">Purple</font id=\"purple\"> L.E.D. Washer Lights - Custom Rear Turbo Emblem -
<font color=\"purple\">Purple</font id=\"purple\"> Undercar Lights - <font color=\"purple\">Purple</font id=\"purple\"> Airbag Flame - Chrome Door Handle Inserts -
Flossed - <font color=\"purple\">Purple</font id=\"purple\"> Flames - Visor Logo - <font color=\"purple\">Purple</font id=\"purple\"> Center Console</font id=\"size1\">

<font size=\"1\"><b>Click here for images -----&gt; </b></font id=\"size1\">
Old 16 Nov 2003, 12:08 am
Young Cruiser

I think driving with the neons on is illegal in every state.. And an excellent excuse for the law to pull you over.. Save them for shows and private parking lots.. And for another of my 2 cents... There is no such thing at to bright a neon.. I know guys with two or three sets in different colours.. It looks great...

Current Mods: Removing small pieces of paint on the hood and grille by painstakingly driving into flying debris kicked up by preceeding vehicles
Old 16 Nov 2003, 11:52 am
Senior Cruiser

yep, in ontario they are making those washer nozzles illigal, why I don't know....
Old 16 Nov 2003, 12:06 pm
Regular Cruiser

In some states the underbody neon is illegal only if you can see the light source. If it is just a glow, it is ok.

But, almost all states, from what I've been told, it is illegal to run red or blue neon while driving period. Which is also why people are hearing about the washer nozzles lights being illegal. It is mainly because of the color. Red and blue lights, anywhere on the car, other than factory of course, are illegal. Those colors are restricted to emergency vehicles only. Friend of mine got pulled over for having red lights on his license plate frame.

Also I've been told Green under body neon is illegal in TX. Don't know the reason for that one.

t

aftermarket sunroof, Hedman hedders, APC intake, Koni adjustable shocks, Eibach pro-kit springs, glasspack exhaust, Pirelli P6000s, Mopar wheels, double armrest, 8\" subs under each front seat, Kenwood amp, Xenon rear spoiler, PTeazer rear rollpan, Xenon Crusher 6.0 front facia, Xenon Crusher side skirts, painted mirror housings, chrome upper strut tower brace, chrome battery cover, flameball shifter, chrome flame-etched sill plates and door inserts, airbag warning coverups, 3rd brake light overlay, Streetglow Neoblu underbody neon and headlight inserts, painted calipers and drums, washer fluid nozzle blue LEDs

www.bigdcruisers.com
www.cowtowncruisers.com
Old 16 Nov 2003, 12:30 pm
Senior Cruiser

green light is for volunteer fire dept
Old 16 Nov 2003, 12:38 pm
Regular Cruiser

Ah, thanks.

t
Old 16 Nov 2003, 04:14 pm
Young Cruiser

My wife's got purple neons under the car (Moss Motors) and on the washer nozzles, (APC) and we ALWAYS drive with them at night, no problems. We wouldn't have them if we couldn't use them! Last night my wife and I drove by a parked policeman twice while we were looking for a parking place, and he gave us thumbs up both times! I looked up the California DMV vehicle code, and it mainly talks about the colors, and if you can see the light bulb itself. I called them too, and they said it was OK if you can't see the bulbs, they just don't like red or blue lights. Seems like if you have purple and can't see the bulbs, you're OK. You should look up the vehicle code in your state and check. It seems like the police don't always know the rules, so we keep a copy of the code in the car in case we get pulled over.