Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Sunroof assembly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Aug 2010, 08:35 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Sunroof assembly

Possibly a waste of a post but i had my sunroof assembly break a while back and instead of taking it in i decided to figure it out myself (probably not the best idea at first) but i wanted to get the location to purchase the sunroof assembly out in the open in case anyone else ever has the same problem and doesn't want to get robbed blind by a dealer. 2001-2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Sunroof Parts
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 10 Aug 2010, 12:28 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Re: Sunroof assembly

well i for one found out how intricate and confusing the whole sunroof thingy is..
I cut the back half of the roof off, so it sliding open was a no go. I still wanted to retain it rocking/hinging forward at least. I just could not figure how to make that work like that.. so i cut all the parts out (a kajillion of em makes up the track and bracketry) and then I just welded the darn thing in...
i have a MOON roof with only 3 parts now..
hehehehhehehe
Old 10 Aug 2010, 03:21 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

lol therse one way of doing it. my parts simply broke on mine, into many peices, so the part that took me the longest was figuring out how they all went together to make it work properly. After i figured it out , it was smooth sailing. but i would never like to have to do that again if i can help it.
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 27 Aug 2010, 11:27 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezinghot View Post
Possibly a waste of a post but i had my sunroof assembly break a while back and instead of taking it in i decided to figure it out myself (probably not the best idea at first) but i wanted to get the location to purchase the sunroof assembly out in the open in case anyone else ever has the same problem and doesn't want to get robbed blind by a dealer. 2001-2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Sunroof Parts

Such a very amazing link!
Old 28 Aug 2010, 01:56 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Guess it wasnt a waste then if it helped someone. I do believe thats the only place to find it anywhere lol.
Old 15 Dec 2010, 09:10 am
Regular Cruiser

I've got the same thing going. Is it worth putting humpdy dumpdy back together again?
Old 15 Dec 2010, 12:23 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Smile Re: Sunroof assembly

Hey Guys,

Its either that, or its time to break out the Sawz-all and make a bigger sunroof already. At least that's how I see it.

Looks like a plenty good and informative sight to me.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 14 Jan 2011, 11:01 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by monitor51 View Post
I've got the same thing going. Is it worth putting humpdy dumpdy back together again?
Its hard when you never saw how humpty dumpty looked before he broke lol. My kind of broke into pieces , so it was a guessing game trying to get it all to fit together. When you look at it, its a pretty ingenious setup.
After having done it , though, i feel that if i had to, i could do the whole replacement in under 2 hours. Its just tedious
Old 14 Jan 2011, 11:02 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyman View Post
Hey Guys,

Its either that, or its time to break out the Sawz-all and make a bigger sunroof already. At least that's how I see it.

Looks like a plenty good and informative sight to me.
I love that sunroof, but the thing i like about the glass ones, is that fact that you can just open the rear to vent. I rarely open it all the way.