Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Suggest some mods for my new green PT?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Aug 2010, 04:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Suggest some mods for my new green PT?

Hi everyone, i bought a green 2001 PT a few months ago and want to start making the exterior look even better! i havent seen many pics of green cruisers on this site though. why is that? and what do you guys think would look good on it?

Im thinking about putting a lot of black on it. Such as rims, headlight covers, hood scoop, bumpers painted. Think this would look good even though the car is green and has some chrome on it? Oh, my budget is limited, but I want to hear all suggestions!
Old 15 Aug 2010, 06:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Suggest some mods for my new green PT?

The green I believe, was called Shale Green). We talked about this extensively and the bottom line is that it's your cruiser, do what you want. I know your looking for opinions but everyone's ideas of what looks good is different. Personally, I wouldn't care for all the black things your looking at on a green cruiser, but as I said, everybody has their own opinions.

And as far as hood scoops go; there's only a couple that look good on a PT and they are built right into the hood, usually bought with the hood and scoop already on. Unless your planing on doing something like that, it's just going to look "stuck" on.
MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 15 Aug 2010 at 06:14 pm.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 06:24 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I looked up the actual color, i guess its called "shale green". Im planning on powder coating the rims black. But i just cant decide on what will look best with this color, as far as the rest of the exterior goes
Old 15 Aug 2010, 06:29 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Black wheels with a chrome or polished lip looks good on any car, IMHO There a few of the owners on this forum that have that wheel combo.

MY technical suggestions are given in GOOD FAITH without total guarantee, if in doubt go to a garage.
Cruiser Of The Month (COTM) May, 2015.
Visit My Home Page www.CREWZIN.com
I find it ironic that the colors red, white, and blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 15 Aug 2010 at 06:31 pm.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 07:06 pm
Senior Cruiser

Always liked green, had a moss green old Mustang and it was sharp with chrome.

"the people should not fear their government, the government should fear the people"- Thomas Jefferson
Old 15 Aug 2010, 11:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Dont forget about the word 'modesty'. If you make it look like your trying to find stuff to glue to it, it wont come out too bueno. But I love blacked out cruisers, to be honest i dont think many vehicles look bad when blacked out. What i like to do it take a look at cars that you dream to have, and pick and choose individual looks that you like from that to find what you want to do to yours. Lots of retro directions if thats your taste, and some sweet grilles if you lean to the overpriced $ signs on wheels. But as was said, its all personal preference
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 15 Aug 2010, 11:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

There's a guy on the forums with a neat half green PT. Can't find his post right now, but here's the car

Old 15 Aug 2010, 11:54 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I always love that green when they make them into london taxi look a-likes. classy. Im sure chrome bumper covers would look real sharp. accentuate the lines of the car, not cover them up with neon colors
04 graphite(vroom!) N/A Limited 110,000 miles -original owner. Custom short ram intake ( CGS motor-sport pipe, specter open-end air filter, specter breathing hose),OEM spoiler, Pioneer receiver ,10" bazooka sub,Blue LED interior lighting, Bosch +4 plugs and Accel super stock 8mm universal plug wires.
Old 16 Aug 2010, 12:14 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiperGeorge View Post
There's a guy on the forums with a neat half green PT. Can't find his post right now, but here's the car

Those rims must be photoshopped

YoungCruiserrr
PT Gallery