Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Underbody neon install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14 Jun 2011, 07:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Underbody neon install

I just got a kit today and was wondering how it's done. I was gonna put a switch in between the rear wiper and the defroster switch.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 08:35 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Underbody neon install

Yep, that's where I put mine.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 09:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

How did u install the lights?
Old 14 Jun 2011, 09:24 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Mine are LED's but had NEON before them. They should have some hangers on each light bar that screw into the edge on the sides and a couple points in the front and rear. NEON's are easier because one light bar is attached to the other and yo only have one wire to work with. LED's have a wire from each light so the computer can control the light sequence so 4 wires have to be routed to the computer and power source.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 09:55 pm
Cool Cruiser

Yea i have LEDs. Ill have to drill to route my wires to where they have to go. I want to place the controller under the dash where the little holder thing is above the cup holder but under the dash. That little coopie whole. But for the sides are there spot to route the connector into the cab? And what if I don't have enough wiring?
Old 15 Jun 2011, 04:47 am
Obsessed Cruiser

The only drilling required should be to put the screws up to hold the light bars. Routing of the wires shouldn't need any drilling. There's plenty of holes around the car to route the wires. My computer controller is in the cubby hole above the front cup holders as your thinking of doing. You can see it in the picture. The wires should be long enough for any car. They know that the wires have to go a long way, especially from the back of the car to the front.

Old 15 Jun 2011, 10:20 am
Cool Cruiser

So what do u suggest I screw the tubes to? For the sides I was thinking the top part of the side frames so it's not seen. And front and back I'm not sure yet. What do u think? I need some advice
Old 15 Jun 2011, 02:33 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

My LED's had two bands around them (one for each end) and the band had a long screw that went into whatever you used to hold the tube. I used the double lip of the undercarriage and just drilled two holes about 3 feet apart where the screw holding the band would be screwed into. Hard to explain but you can probably just screw the screws right into the undercarriage also. Anyway they would go into something that would hold the bands would do. Do you have the bands that go around the LED tubes that close by using a long screw?

Old 16 Jun 2011, 08:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG

i got an update from Bhunt, and he told me that he was able to get them on and they look pretty sweet. He should be posting pix pretty soon.