Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fog lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Aug 2011, 02:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Fog lights

Hey all, I have an issue with my fog lights. Its been this way since Ive bought my cruiser. Anyway, they wont come on. Which I know why its just I dont know why their that way. From the bulbs to the fuse box under the hood, everythings there. I have the GT which comes factory with them, so thats out. But if you take the cap off the fuse box under the hood, and look at the slot where the fuse goes for fog lights. Its not there and theres only one metal prong for the connection. Did the fuse box in my cruiser get replaced by a non turbo'd one? IF thats the case Im concerned why they did and if my cruisers been totaled. I know for a fact the driver door and pass driver door has been repainted alont with the hood. Nothing on a car fax...Kinda has me flustered due to the fact were still paying on it. Thanks for the help
Old 07 Aug 2011, 02:13 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill
Default Re: Fog lights

Its the multifunction switch it almost always is. You can fix the current ne or buy a new one

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 07 Aug 2011, 02:16 pm
Regular Cruiser

Well thats what I thought. But the lid for the fuse says fog lights, you look at the spot and theres no where to put a fuse. No metal prongs just as if it was a spare slot....
Old 07 Aug 2011, 03:01 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill

My fog lights fuse is in the car u der the steeringwheel in that fuse box. I think the one under the hood isnt used

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com
Old 07 Aug 2011, 03:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

First, CAR FAX only shows you what a dealer or a small percentage of shops have reported. There are thousands upon thousands of shops that don't report their work ...and they don't have to. No law says they do.

Which fuse are you looking at under the hood. If it's No#21 that's for export models only. If your car is a 2001--2005, the fog light fuse is in the interior of the car by your left knee and the fuse No#8 is for the fog lights.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 07 Aug 2011, 03:15 pm
Regular Cruiser

well that makes cents then, I wil check it just to make sure, but I think I already did. If it is my switch on the column then is there a way to test it with an ohm meter to see if its working or just replace it?

2003 Dream Cruiser #0794, MSD wires, MSD Box, Borla exhaust, K&N coldair intake, Rear fiberglass rollpan, Xenon side skirts, Rear window cover. Pinstriping on tailgate and hood.
Custom teardrop tailights, drilled/slotted rotors. Custom interior, boost gauge and wideband in A-pillar, lowered on Ebach adjustable coilovers, sway bars, and bushings. Diablosport Intune with modified 93 tune. AGP aftermarket wastegate. Fresh rebuilt engine with forged wiesco pistons bored. 020"over.
Old 07 Aug 2011, 03:25 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

We have a HOW TO section that has a thread showing how to rebuild the switch and another showing how to replace it. They are under the HOW TO thread in the top of the Tech & Performance section.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.