PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Vinyl Idea: Need back window measurements

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Aug 2011, 08:54 am
Regular Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Jtwheels2007
Default Vinyl Idea: Need back window measurements

does any1 know the measurements of the back window of an 05 touring Edition From corner to corner diagnally? any1 know off hand?
Old 13 Aug 2011, 09:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Vinyl Idea: Need back window measurements

43 inches, approximately.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 13 Aug 2011, 09:15 am
Regular Cruiser

Thats from corner 2 opposite corner? I will probably cut it down to 40 for what I want to do. My nickname is 'Wh33lz' cuz I am in a wheelchair so I was going to put one big vinyl on the back window @ an angle I will need enough space at ends though to put last letters though. I am tryin to get a vinyl custom made, with just the right size and spacing btwn letters to make it work. What do you think about that?
Old 13 Aug 2011, 09:36 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Fine with me. The corners are round and there is a 3/4 of an inch rubber gasket around the window. I measured from the inside of that rubber gasket in the middle of the corner to the diagonal corner. The glass measurement only. So them measurement is approximate, not exact.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 13 Aug 2011, 10:52 am
Regular Cruiser

yea with it being lettering, theres no way i could go all the way into the corners anyways. and like i said it is only going to say 'Wh33lz'. Just off the wall, if i used 40 inch; 1.5 from each side, I should have PLENTY of room. The word is short. It might end up TOO stretched out. I may just do it smaller font, and center it in middle of window.
Old 13 Aug 2011, 11:03 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Middle of the window on top is the 3rd brake light. Don't cover that up.

Old 13 Aug 2011, 11:06 am
Obsessed Cruiser

You can also get you license plate with your nickname if you don't mind paying the extra fee.

Old 13 Aug 2011, 01:50 pm
Regular Cruiser

CREWZIN, i am not really worried about having my nickname on my license plate. Only reason I want to do the vinyl on the window, is so that it stands out at least SOMEWHAT from the rest of the PT's around my area. I could not tell you how many SILVER ones there are in my area. Same wheels as me same everything.... I just want to stand out. In a way though, its almost like my nickname, and my CARS nickname all in 1...if it looked a little more intense; rims, lowered, exhaust, paint job, sound system etc, I would name it something like 'Bruza Cruiza' or something like that. I just have not had the chance to DO a whole lot of changes to my car yet.
Old 13 Aug 2011, 02:12 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

That's how it all started with me 10 years ago. Wanted it to be different.

Old 13 Aug 2011, 03:45 pm
Regular Cruiser

yes. Your car is definately different. I think my favorite part of your car is the giant NOS bottle that is a sub. I Dont have a sound system yet because I have to consider space. As well, I have to think about a box design that will protect the speaker. I am in a wheelchair, so when some1 rides with me they place my chair in the cargo area. So therefore, I am looking @ the JL audio stealth box. It will be completely out of the way.

Tags
hatch, vinyl, window