PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Lifting a P.T

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Oct 2011, 04:04 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Lifting a P.T

Ok, I've got the low down on slamming a pt.. Now can someone tell me what it would take to lift my pt up, on say 38's or 44's ? I want it done the proper way.. Thanks
Old 06 Oct 2011, 04:09 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Lifting a P.T

Ill cover this

YOU CANT

Meaning not and keep it a PT
the best way is to find a Jeep or maybe a S-10 blazer
pull the body off both
switch them and go have fun

Really the PT is not made to lift you would kill the tranny and it is already way under powered it would not even pull a set of 44 inch monster mudders
and im not sure if you could even get clearance for a set of 44's

Sorry MG but to this I got ta say
Not happining
Old 06 Oct 2011, 04:54 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Candyman
Red face Re: Lifting a P.T

Hey their MOPAR_GIRl,

Anything is possible given time and money, but like CruiserDad was saying, to lift a PT, its pretty much a matter of taking your body and either start hacking up something else, or starting over from scratch.

Like this one for example,

You pretty much need a hacked to fit, or custom built boxed frame, front and rear suspension, axles, good small block V8 engine, tranny, drive line, gear boxes, and anything and everything in between. Pretty much 3/4 of the car built from scratch to make it right.

I got guys that can do it no problem, and do it the right way, but your looking at about a years time, and somewhere in the neighborhood of around $30,000 plus if you found a donor frame and parts, and built the rest up using good aftermarket and custom fab parts to do a decent respectable build, or around $45,000 - $50,000 plus to build a frame, and all from scratch made to spec, full custom long travel suspension, new crate motor and trans, basically a new custom built car and then add your body on top.

Once again, looks cool, but tons of work which is why their are only something like three I know to have ever been built to date of which two were hacked and built and only one I know of that was custom built the right way and he was a fabricator who built it from scratch himself.

Again, wish it were easier, or I could offer you a better solution to wanting to make your PT look cool.

Just one of those things.
username likes this.

Check out my Custom PT Club Website: http://westvalleyforum.proboards.com/index.cgi
And my ever growing PT Photo Archives: http://s458.photobucket.com/albums/q...uiserArchives/

Please Like my Hot Rod Restoration and Detail Shop on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/BlueDiamondDetailing
Old 06 Oct 2011, 05:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Add to this, if you do lift it, even if you put on extraordinarily large tires, you'll burn out your drive train. The tranny is not built to work at those angles, and even if you could extend your half shafts to fit, the drive angle is such that you'd bust them off at the cv joint in like a day. Forget about lifting, it's body off as everyone is saying!
Old 06 Oct 2011, 09:44 pm
Cool Cruiser

Ok, Ok, it has been a hard decision, ( bc I REALLY want to Lift it, ) but I understand it is almost impossible to do what I want.. So I am just gonna go buy a dodge 4x4 and lift it instead..

Thanks everyone for your help n advice.. I really appreciate it

But I am keeping Skull Princess...
Old 06 Oct 2011, 11:26 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Well buy the Dodge and put the PT on it
Old 07 Oct 2011, 08:16 am
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerdarkcross View Post
Well buy the Dodge and put the PT on it
oh no, Im just gonna keep my pt the way she is, and lift my truck.. I want to enter it in the monster truck shows in my area. Back in 2007 I had an 1985 dodge ramcharger, she was on 33's and there was a Monster truck show coming to Inverness, and I entered her in the ugly truck contest, against Monkey n around, and my hubbys ram charger, and I took 1st place... I was able to act like a real monster truck driver for a few minutes, and they had me drive over a couple of cars ( keep in mind I didn't care if I tore my truck up) well a couple of cars, and dirt piles later, my truck sat outside the arena for a few days, while I got a trailer to tow her home.

That was one of the best days of my life.. I've always wanted to be a monster truck driver, my name is Dixie as you all know, and I am naming my monster truck Dixie kicker... The next day I was at the local library in Homosassa, and this little girl and boy was with their mom, the little girl says to her mom, mommy look theres that monster truck lady.. The little girl and boy came over to me and asked for my autograph.. Man was I eating that up...

btw, I know this is kinda off topic, but not really bc i am still talking about a lifted truck
Old 07 Oct 2011, 10:53 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I have ran in some MUD runs and its wya cool how the little kids will come up and just be amazed that you are standing there on my way home they built a Mnster tuck Play area and 2 weeks ago they had a show no Tom menince or Digger btu bigfoot was there and the firestone truck and some local trucks it was a blast i took my ATV and rna the mini corse man you have to love Sick Air
Old 07 Oct 2011, 10:55 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruserdad1976 View Post
I have ran in some MUD runs and its wya cool how the little kids will come up and just be amazed that you are standing there on my way home they built a Mnster tuck Play area and 2 weeks ago they had a show no Tom menince or Digger btu bigfoot was there and the firestone truck and some local trucks it was a blast i took my ATV and rna the mini corse man you have to love Sick Air
Old 07 Oct 2011, 10:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser