Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Go with LedS - OR NOT?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 Oct 2011, 01:26 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Go with LedS - OR NOT?

I recently came into some PTeazer tail lights - and they are already painted Cool Vanilla - whoopee!

They are older, so they take the stock bulbs. I notice on the PTeazer web site that I can get an 'upgrade' to LEDs. Even if I upgrade, I'll have less in the lights than buying them new.

Are the LEDs much brighter? I'm tempted to get them. What do you think?

Last edited by harrym; 15 Oct 2011 at 01:27 pm. Reason: change "they will" to "I can get an"
Old 15 Oct 2011, 07:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Lightbulb Re: Go with LedS - OR NOT?

yes they are and last longer
Old 15 Oct 2011, 09:03 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Re: Go with LedS - OR NOT?

I like the original lenses for the teardrop lights. If they are like mine they are glass. I think they look more "old" than the leds. They are not very bright though, especially with the dark color of the urethane they are made of. Did the inside area where the bulb is get painted white also? If so, this is a plus. Mine are black so I took some white paint and painted this area on mine to better reflect the light. I also switched the bulb to a led bulb. These simple things made a DRAMATIC difference in the brightness of the lights.
Old 15 Oct 2011, 09:26 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpt View Post
I like the original lenses for the teardrop lights. If they are like mine they are glass. I think they look more "old" than the leds. They are not very bright though, especially with the dark color of the urethane they are made of. Did the inside area where the bulb is get painted white also? If so, this is a plus. Mine are black so I took some white paint and painted this area on mine to better reflect the light. I also switched the bulb to a led bulb. These simple things made a DRAMATIC difference in the brightness of the lights.
Hmmm - yes, the inside of the housing is Cool Vanilla - same as the outside, but didn't notice the color inside the bulb area. I'll check that out. LED bulbs - can you get them that fit into the regular bulb socket? What's the part number/brand for them? I'm headed for google right now!

If so, that would probably cost less than getting the new conversion kit from PTeazer - the conversion includes new chrome housing for the leds.
Old 15 Oct 2011, 09:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

The LED taillights that Ray uses for his are the same I have on my PT right now. I can assure you they are plenty bright!
Old 16 Oct 2011, 02:41 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerdarkcross View Post
The LED taillights that Ray uses for his are the same I have on my PT right now. I can assure you they are plenty bright!
Thanks. I emailed Ray about them and he said that the replacement LED fixtures for the PTeazer lights required some wiring - so I sent him another email last night and asked if he would provide a wiring diagram or the instructions before I buy the conversion - I'm hoping that I can figure out how to wire in a plug so that if I ever decide to change the tail lights, I won't have to rewire the sockets. I wonder if there is a plug that just fits into the current light socket that I can use.