PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
PT Woody Chrome Grill...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Jan 2004, 12:30 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default PT Woody Chrome Grill...

Trim Kits -- ANY GOOD?

The pieces are so small I wonder if they would stay in place "forever"?
http://www.pt-tuning.com/exteriorPar...it_Chrome.html
Old 18 Jan 2004, 12:58 am
Cool Cruiser

Gary you can do that mod yourself for way cheaper, its just basicly chrome wheel well molding http://www.ptdoityourself.net/ptcegrille.html
Old 18 Jan 2004, 03:09 am
Cool Cruiser

thanks for the link .very informitive and very doable
2003 Dream cruiser 2 #1434

mopar bov and k&n drop in filter ,billet shorty antenna, silencers removed, custom painted rear shelf that says\"Dream Cruiser II\"and maybe, doubtfully soon------stage 1
Old 18 Jan 2004, 11:28 am
Cool Cruiser

[8D]Gary - DO IT YOURSELF!!!! JaxPT is correct. It's REALLY easy and REALLY inexpensive! Go to www.imagestation.com and do a "member" search for PTRON to see mine (I used 3/8" wheel well molding available at any auto parts store).[8D]
Old 18 Jan 2004, 12:27 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

If the surface is clean, the adhesive will hold - what you have to watch for is that eventually it will `get "cloudy" as the clear layer separates from the shiny layer - important to seal the ends - perhaps polyurethane or try a soldering iron - I've read of clear nail polish, but that doesn't last.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 18 Jan 2004, 12:54 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

...what you have to watch for is that eventually it will `get "cloudy" as the clear layer separates from the shiny layer...I've read of clear nail polish, but that doesn't last.
Thanks for everyone's response. From all that I have read the "cloudy factor" is a concern. I really don't want to replace the "chrome surround" on the griil each year. My general feeling when it comes to detailing is "less is more". Think I will leave well enough alone unless I decide to replace the grill which I have no plans to do at this time.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 01:10 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Gary04GT

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by quicksilverdon

...what you have to watch for is that eventually it will `get "cloudy" as the clear layer separates from the shiny layer...I've read of clear nail polish, but that doesn't last.
Thanks for everyone's replys. From all that I have read the "cloudy factor" is a concern. I really don't want to replace the "chrome surround" on the griil each year. My general feeling when it comes to detailing is "less is more". Think I will leave well enough alone unless I decide to replace the grill which I have no plans to do at this time.
In all fairness, I'm certain it would last far more than a year. As it gets hit with small stones, etc, and the outer plastic gets penetrated, it does happen, but should last for several years, at least. Your call, tho.
You could do it now, and still replace the grille later.
Old 18 Jan 2004, 02:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

looks good in the pic
Old 18 Jan 2004, 07:11 pm
Cool Cruiser

wonder if you can buy a can of clearcoat spray paint and use that
2003 Dream cruiser 2 #1434

mopar bov and k&n drop in filter ,billet shorty antenna, silencers removed, custom painted rear shelf that says\"Dream Cruiser II\"and maybe, doubtfully soon------stage 1
Old 18 Jan 2004, 11:40 pm
Regular Cruiser

Gary,
We've had our PT Woodie grille for over a year with no sign of discoloration. I just keep it clean (at least in the better weather) and waxed like the rest of the car. It was a very simple installation and, I think, looks great on some colors.[|)]