PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
My PT Cruiser Headlight Fogged UP, Need Replacement, but From Where?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21 Dec 2011, 08:07 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default My PT Cruiser Headlight Fogged UP, Need Replacement, but From Where?

Hey everyone.

I hope I've posted this in the correct forum section. If not, please forgive me. I couldn't find the troubleshooting/problems section.

Anyways, I own a 06 Chrysler PT Cruiser (salvage title, I bought it from a car mechanic off of craigslist), of which the headlight (driver side) has gotten foggy. It's certainly not as transparent as the passenger side light. At first I wasn't sure why one was foggy and the other wasn't, but then I took a closer look at the foggy light and noticed a small crack on the outside casing. I believe this crack has allowed moisture to enter the light. I've heard of people restoring their headlights with special DIY kits, but I've decided to take the route of simply replacing the light with an aftermarket light from an online store. I found two sites that I particularly liked, but I'm unsure of whether or not they are legitimate businesses. Furthermore, I don't want to fall prey to a scam. Has anyone purchased from either of these sites and can verify that they are a legitimate business? The following parts match the oem number of the one I need. Thanks in advance.

Chrysler PT Cruiser Headlight > AutoLightCenter.com
or
https://www.boocoo.com/auction/detai...62&refsrc=gshp
Old 21 Dec 2011, 08:20 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default Re: My PT Cruiser Headlight Fogged UP, Need Replacement, but From Where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenBrown View Post
Hey everyone.

I hope I've posted this in the correct forum section. If not, please forgive me. I couldn't find the troubleshooting/problems section.

Anyways, I own a 06 Chrysler PT Cruiser (salvage title, I bought it from a car mechanic off of craigslist), of which the headlight (driver side) has gotten foggy. It's certainly not as transparent as the passenger side light. At first I wasn't sure why one was foggy and the other wasn't, but then I took a closer look at the foggy light and noticed a small crack on the outside casing. I believe this crack has allowed moisture to enter the light. I've heard of people restoring their headlights with special DIY kits, but I've decided to take the route of simply replacing the light with an aftermarket light from an online store. I found two sites that I particularly liked, but I'm unsure of whether or not they are legitimate businesses. Furthermore, I don't want to fall prey to a scam. Has anyone purchased from either of these sites and can verify that they are a legitimate business? The following parts match the oem number of the one I need. Thanks in advance.

Chrysler PT Cruiser Headlight > AutoLightCenter.com
or
https://www.boocoo.com/auction/detai...62&refsrc=gshp
sorry to hear about the trouble, but honestly i always get all my stuff from ebay. but there's other credible places to buy from. you just gotta look.
Old 21 Dec 2011, 08:22 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to WolfmanG
Default Re: My PT Cruiser Headlight Fogged UP, Need Replacement, but From Where?

Chrysler Headlights - Chrysler Headlight | Free Shipping
Old 21 Dec 2011, 08:35 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Headlights aren't sealed, they're vented.

Get some plastic polish, it'll look mint in 5 minutes.

And it'll fit like it was made to- Unlike Chinese copys
Old 21 Dec 2011, 09:14 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I have a few friends who run around junk yards and sell PT parts, if you're interested. Personally I'd not go with a new one, and especially not one of those Chinese fakes.

There is an alternative. Over on PTCrew.com is a thread that showed how to paint the interior of your headlights, and included in those instructions is shown how to 'bake' the headlight so that it comes apart so that you can clean the inside of the lens.

Now, it's been years since that thread was originally posted, but I can tell you that I've baked my headlights apart using the same method. Here is a link that I made long ago to a pdf version of that process, feel free to download it at your leisure.

Painting Your Headlights
Old 23 Dec 2011, 04:14 pm
Cool Cruiser

i deal with these guys all the time. They are fast, and have good products. Ive used quite a bit of their cosmetic parts and i have yet to find one that didnt work well.

ShermanParts-Collision & Restoration Auto Parts, Bumpers & Rust Repair