Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
This Guy Is Right!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22 Dec 2011, 02:20 am
Young Cruiser

Default This Guy Is Right!!!

I read this article tonight and it totally reminded me of a few PT's I have seen on here....Read this link: Custom PT Cruisers that are more than wrong | MyRideisMe.com
Old 22 Dec 2011, 09:27 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: This Guy Is Right!!!

Sorry. It's our/their cars. Whatever they/we want to "stick" on it, it's our/their choice. Don't like it, stuff it..and most of us have the manners to keep quiet when you come across a cruiser you don't like. The Internet, Facebook, Twitter has changed a lot of that because you can post almost anonymously without fear of repercussions.

Most us tell new members that have an OEM cruiser that they have a "blank" canvas, just like a artists starting out with a blank piece of paper. You can't please everyone, so please yourself. If we like what we did, that's all that counts.

That article is one person's opinion and most of the comments, including his, come from people that dislike the cruiser anyway even if it was left the way it came from the factory.

I see you don't have any pictures posted or even bothered filling out your profile. As I said before about your postings, most of them are negative about the PT, as is this one that you added your comment to.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 22 Dec 2011 at 09:33 am.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 09:43 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via ICQ to PT_Panel

No the guy ISN"T RIGHT, To each his /her own a lot of PT's ARE Theme oriented. I have NEVER heard a PT'er cut someone else car or truck. If you don't like them walk away and keep it to yourself of stand up and be prepared for whatever comes your way.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 10:48 am
Dedicated Cruiser

What each person does to his or her PT Cruiser or any other car is a matter of taste -to each his or her own. Most comments here are positive and/or constructive - ant that's one reason this forum is still alive and kicking!

Note - I did see one post that was blasting a Cruiser that had some chrome accents added. Curiously, the same guy posted a few days later saying he was considering putting chrome spears on his Cruiser. Go figure!
Old 22 Dec 2011, 11:16 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Do we have to wait until he gets "20 pts" or can he just go away now?
Old 22 Dec 2011, 11:39 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by red06limited View Post
Do we have to wait until he gets "20 pts" or can he just go away now?
"theGoldpt" was the moderator before I was and with the Admin, posted all the rules under the "General PT Cruiser Discussions" part of the forum. The part that usually gets members into trouble is this section:

- Respect each other and the community. We have a great thing going here, discussions may become animated and people disagree and that's cool. But members should never attack other members. If you feel a need to get nasty, do it elsewhere. We have zero patience for flamers and will be dealing with them swiftly and severely, and we will not accept excuses. We have no tolerance for disrespectful individuals.

As far as I can make out from the iCruz's posts, he does have a PT but has problems and dislikes about it and is very vocal when he's sees fit. Nothing wrong with that according to the rules. Although I do disagree with most of what he says and as I see fit, I'm vocal back to his posts. He hasn't offended anyone (that I know of) and as long as discussions stay "cool" he's very welcome to stay on the forum.

There's been others that are so disgusted with their problems that I had to moderate their post and warn them. ICruz hasn't crossed that line.

P.S. For anyone reading this. Haven't been around (once or twice a day to clear the SPAM) to help with questions because my Son, his wife and my 2 Grandsons are down here in Florida visiting for the Holidays. I have the day clear today because they are all down at LEGO land for the day. Just happen to see ICruz posting and thought I'd chime in with my thoughts.

Latest picture from my sons phone...

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 22 Dec 2011 at 02:19 pm.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 03:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

Heh I have seen this article before and I get a good laugh as I know all the owners he mentioned. Also I actually was at that show back in 09 and have gone every year since.

I can understand the PT not being someones cup of tea but to extensively spend time to find faults with them gets kinda ridiculous. One thing I usually like to say when this issue tends to come up is we all come for the same reason. The show in which he wrote this article has over 3,000+ cars attending and supporting the CITY of HOPE Prostate Cancer Program.

My advise to that person is go ahead and look at the other 3,000+ cars if you have fault with this group. Also if you cant find one PT Cruiser you like in a group of 40 then why are you spending your time there?

This was one of 3 rows of PT Cruisers at that specific show the article came from

Last edited by slayerdarkcross; 22 Dec 2011 at 03:12 pm.
Old 22 Dec 2011, 05:25 pm
Young Cruiser

Well...As I see it the PT Cruiser has a style all of it's own with little or no decoration. I feel that if you want to mod it; mod it with taste and cleanly. There are a few cars on hear that are done right with a few add on's and a nice set of rims and tires. I have no problems with that, but overdoing it with too many add on chotchkeys, or murals makes it look like some hoopdy!

Here's mine:
Old 22 Dec 2011, 05:47 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: This Guy Is Right!!!

hey crewzin is that camel made out of leggo blocks's?

now back on topic , icruz your cruiser looks nice ,would look better with some pin stripping ,

icruz you are entitled to your opinion that's what make's forum's interesting some times , but remember what crewzin said there is a line, and when you cross over it
Old 22 Dec 2011, 05:56 pm
Young Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mityqwik View Post
hey crewzin is that camel made out of leggo blocks's?

now back on topic , icruz your cruiser looks nice ,would look better with some pin stripping ,

icruz you are entitled to your opinion that's what make's forum's interesting some times , but remember what crewzin said there is a line, and when you cross over it
Yeah I was thinking of doing that too. I just don't know what color pinstripe I should do. I was thinking of new rims too further down the road.