Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Prismatic Side Mirror

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 Jan 2004, 03:05 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Prismatic Side Mirror

A couple of years ago, I read about someone making a small prismatic add-on for the outside edge of the side mirrors on different cars/trucks. Does anyone out there have any current info on this product? I'm nervous driving my new PT, it seems like a there's a pretty good blind spot with the stock mirrors. Maybe I'm just spoiled from driving trucks with convex mirrors, but I want more!
Old 23 Jan 2004, 03:34 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Couldn't find anything exactly like you were asking about but did find a couple of options.

http://store.yahoo.com/rodi/20vismir...01&PID=1117139

http://www.allviewmirror.com/

http://www.dinghwa.com.tw/english/ca...car_access.htm

Best thing to do is ensure your mirrors are adjusted correctly.

Adjust the rear view mirrors properly. Start with the interior mirror on the windshield. Without moving your head, you should be able to glance at it and see traffic directly behind you for some distance. Also, make sure that it doesn't block your view of the road ahead. Most cars allow for some up-and-down adjustment of the mirror. Never hang anything from your mirror, to avoid blind spots.
Now adjust the side mirrors. Most people think they should see the sides of their car in the side mirrors. In fact, that indicates your mirrors are set dangerously near to the car.
Using your inside rear view mirror as a guide, adjust the side mirrors so there's almost no overlap between the inside and outside mirror images when your head is in a normal looking-forward driving position. You'll find this unnatural at first, but you'll also notice that it's much easier to see traffic in adjacent lanes. In most cars, you can almost eliminate blind spots using this technique.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 23 Jan 2004, 05:08 pm
Senior Cruiser

If its hard to see now then don't get the M3 three mirror. You loose about an inch of site.
Old 23 Jan 2004, 09:51 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks for the feedback. I agree that there's not room for a normal convex stick-on in the side mirrors. The visibility out of the car is great, I just like a little extra coverage near the edge of my peripheral vision.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 09:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I have the small stick ons on the lower outer edge. Cures the blind spots immediately to your right and left especially when changing lanes.
Old 25 Jan 2004, 09:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bcme136

I have the small stick ons on the lower outer edge. Cures the blind spots immediately to your right and left especially when changing lanes.
I've completed the same thing, the one I got is about 1 1/4" dis. I placed it on the lower left corner. Works very well !!!!