Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Custom made 4th brake light

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Jan 2004, 12:42 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Custom made 4th brake light

Had a 16" 48 LED brake light added to the rear spoiler. Those old geezers down here better not run into me now!

Old 27 Jan 2004, 12:47 am
Young Cruiser

Looks Great!!!!!!! Where did you purchase that from and $.

<font color=\"blue\">MODS:</font id=\"blue\">

Stage I, Custom Pin Stripe, Rear Spoiler, BTG Polished Strut Tower Brace, Borla 2.5\" CAT Back Dual Exhaust, and AirAid Intake System, Polished Front & Rear Sill Plates, Chrome Antenna Bezel w/10\" Chrome Billet Antenna, Mobil 1 and K&N Gold Filter, \"Flame\" 3rd Brake Light, \"Streamline Design\" PT Cruiser Visor, Rear Shelf Graphics and Dash Dots on Steering Wheel, and MGW \"GT\" Auto Shift Knob,Chrome Door Lock Pulls, Chrome Billet A/C Knobs with Acrylic Red Inserts, Chrome Oil Cap, Chrome Dip Stick, Chrome Radio Knob, Blane\'s Hood Lift Kit. Chrome Raidiator Coolant Bottle Cover, Timing Belt Housing Cover, Shock Tower Covers w/Nuts, Power Brake CYL Cap Cover, Windshield Washer Cap Cover, A/C Line Connector Cap Covers, A/C Check Valve Cap Covers and Radiator Cap Cover. \"GT2\" Rolo Red Calipers, Magnecor 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires - Red, Red Wire Looms, Billet Aluminum Steering Wheel Caps (4), Chrome Coin Tray Trim Cover, Chrome Shifter Bezel Tirm Ring, Yoko AVID V4S - 215/50/70\'s, TYC Euro Style Back-up Lights, and Screamin Demon Coil
Old 27 Jan 2004, 12:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Lt Almond GT,

You can't purchase it. It was custom made by the body/paint shop that I have all my work done here in Florida. As far as I know, I'm the only one to have it, but I'm sure the aftermarket folks will probably come out with one sooner or later.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 01:17 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CREWZIN

Those old geezers down here better not run into me now!
Should be high enough to be seen by those peering though their steering wheel...
I'd add retro-rockets just in case!

Very slick job they did.[|)]

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 27 Jan 2004, 01:26 am
Dedicated Cruiser

CREWZIN, that really looks good!

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 27 Jan 2004, 01:58 am
Cool Cruiser

man you better add some flashing lights, couple strobes, maybe a flashing bingo sign or two and just for good measure some of those big orange cones attached to the rear bumper with, what else, reflective duct tape.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 11:23 am
Senior Cruiser

Jaxpt,
He shouldn't use the flashing bingo sign, because it will send them into excitement overload at the site of bingo and they will crash into CREWZIN for sure .

Nice mod, hope you shade some light on how you got the led.
Old 27 Jan 2004, 11:28 am
Obsessed Cruiser

looks awesome!!
Old 27 Jan 2004, 11:28 am
Cool Cruiser

Crewzin, that a great mod. the best i've seen in a long while,too kool, how long did that take to do? [:X] That ranks up there with mx-5 trans. shift mod!

flames&stripes by \"gator\" 2003 milan dragway \"chrysler classic\" winner
Old 27 Jan 2004, 12:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I had the idea for quite awhile and went looking for a long LED light that I've seen on other cars. Finally I found a place on the web: http://www.hamsar.com/chmsl.htm that sells CHMSL (Center High Mounted Stop Light) and I ordered Model 200. Meanwhile my body/paint guy that I was talking to found a wrecked car with a spoiler LED that happen to be the exact light I ordered. He cut the light out from the wreck and cut into the solid spoiler that I had to make it fit. We found out that the PT spoiler is a continuous curve and the 16 inch light was flat so the spoiler had to be built up in the center by just a fraction to make it meet the LED. A grove was made from the light to the end to hide the wires and then filled in and he hid the wires perfectly in the double wall of the tailgate over to the OEM 3rd brake light and spliced into the OEM wires. It was all painted again to match the rest of the PT. It was 5 days worth of work and although the shop only charged $250, that doesn't reflect the amount of work that was done and it would be probably double that for anyone else. The same shop has painted my bumpers, mirrors, flames and engine parts so I've gotten to know them really well.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.