PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Rollpan help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Jan 2004, 10:07 pm
Regular Cruiser

Default Rollpan help

Hi everyone.

This is my first post here, i've been a member of another club for a while. For some reason I just found out about this one!

Anyway, I recently purchased an APC rollpan, and it doesn't have the cutouts for the back lights. My question is whether I legally need those lights. Also, does anyone have that brand rollpan? How complicated was cutting the holes for the lights and did it turn out looking ok? How good was the fit, and was it expensive to get painted and installed?

If anyone has a picture of their car with the rollpan, I'd love to see it. I've had my PT for about 3 years now and I've been dying to get a rollpan on it. I think it really makes the back look very retro and clean.
Thanks for any help.

BTW, I will also have a new xenon bumper cover for sale in about a week if anyone is interested ahead of time before i put it in the classified section or ebay.
Old 28 Jan 2004, 10:16 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome Pat.
I'm an ex-Marine, '67-70, 16 mos. in 'Nam (8/68-4/69).
Anyway, I don't believe backup lights are required, but I do believe a certain sq in area of red reflector material is mandated in the rear.
Other posts have indicated some incidents of lack of good fit with APC.

Which bumper cover eill you be selling - front or rear?

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 28 Jan 2004, 10:35 pm
Regular Cruiser

Hi quicksilverdon, Semper Fi. There seems to be former Marines everywhere! Thanks for your service...it must have been a much different time back then.
Anyway, I'll be selling the xenon front bumper cover, forgot to mention that...
The bad fit was what I was worried about. APC doesn't seem to be a great company. I have the APC taillights and they're horrible. First pair got condensation and the ugly yellow sealant started showing through. I sent them back, got a new pair, and the same result.
I guess I'll find out...
Whipple Supercharger, BTG springs, Tokico shocks/struts, B&M short shifter, chrome GT 17" wheels, darkened tail lights, Chrome Grille, fuel door and vent knobs, painted bumpers, mirrors, airdam and center console, cueball shifter, Polk audio system w/ XM, Magnaflow muffler
Old 28 Jan 2004, 10:59 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

"Whipple Supercharger" very cool!!
Old 28 Jan 2004, 11:38 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Pat1USMC, welcome to the forum. Another former Marine here '68 to '76, I've only heard bad things about APC.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 29 Jan 2004, 01:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

Another former Marine here...99-03.. i ordered my roll pan for street beat customs..good price and really good fit..Semper Fi
03, onyx 5 speed, custom interior, 14 tv\'s, ps2, , custom stereo, hood, bruiser front, sides, roll pan, custom exhaust,20 inch rims, air ride system, 4 12inch subs in a molded in a box, member of del val and GROUNDED 4 LIFE. vertical doors, big ass ragtop roof, 10.5 inch screen in steering wheel, move window switches to glove box, glassed a tv where the switches were, smoothed dash and painted, led tailights, tv;s in quater panel windows

FRESH TWO TONE GREEN AND SILVER , SHAVED TAILIGHTS WITH LEDS IN THE ROLL PAN...
Old 29 Jan 2004, 03:13 pm
Young Cruiser

Don't know much about roll pans, but didn't want to miss a "Crotcher" roll call. '58-'61.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 03:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

i do not like the fit of the apc roll pann at all...had a chance to buy one for $150...just doesn't seem to fit right, plus it is plastic..

BigPhil

Old 29 Jan 2004, 05:56 pm
Regular Cruiser

Wow, we have Marines from all decades.
I decided to sell both pieces. The wife was pretty upset when i told her I had bought them. We're supposed to be saving for a house. I'd be fine putting all the money into the PT and living in it but apparently she is not. I guess I'll have to wait a while longer for a rollpan.
So i'll put them up on ebay in a week if no one wants them. I put a message up in the Classifieds forum...
Thanks guys.
Whipple Supercharger, BTG springs, Tokico shocks/struts, B&M short shifter, chrome GT 17" wheels, darkened tail lights, Chrome Grille, fuel door and vent knobs, painted bumpers, mirrors, airdam and center console, cueball shifter, Polk audio system w/ XM, Magnaflow muffler
Old 29 Jan 2004, 06:27 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Pat1USMC, save up for a PTeaser rollpan, they have quality products.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki