PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
anyone know anything about these aftermarket foglights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Apr 2012, 12:07 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Default anyone know anything about these aftermarket foglights?

My cars a base so it came with no fog lights. well its been long enough so im looking to get some and was on ebay and saw these but wanted to see if anyone has any experience with them first.

01-04 05 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER HALO PROJECTOR FOG LIGHTS | eBay
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.
Old 06 Apr 2012, 12:13 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: anyone know anything about these aftermarket foglights?

Well, the shape looks to be that of the same type to fit your PT.

You specifically looking for something after-market? I'd just go to a junkyard or find a PT that's being parted out (think Craigslist) and grab the insert/harness/etc from there.

Can't say anything about the one you linked though. I'm sure someone will chime in.
Old 06 Apr 2012, 12:20 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawizx9r View Post
Well, the shape looks to be that of the same type to fit your PT.

You specifically looking for something after-market? I'd just go to a junkyard or find a PT that's being parted out (think Craigslist) and grab the insert/harness/etc from there.

Can't say anything about the one you linked though. I'm sure someone will chime in.
i like the halo style. and thers no parts on craigslist for pts in my area. im looking everyday hoping something will pop up that i can use. and im sure they'd fit. im just curious how well they fit since iv heard reviews of other after market lights not fitting properly. even though this is a seperate company and part, the thought still lingers. Plus how long the bullb lasts.
2005 n/a 5 speed. 177365 miles. spectre cold air intake, white and pink leds under dash and back seats, purple leds in vents, wall with 1 18" subwoofer built behind back seat(soon to be either 16 American bass vfl8's or 4 18's with the wall rebuilt all the way to behind the front seats,cant wait!!!), blue dash lights, pink turn signal indicators. 3D tails and tinted backup lights. Power antenna (that no longer has power ha!) another one gone but wont be forgotten

2003 gt turbo. 130245 miles. autostick, mopar riceplate, 3" o2 housing and downpipe. custom diablo tune (totaled, gone but not forgotten)

2003 dream cruiser. autostick, mopar body kit, mopar bov, cai. s1 injectors. mopar s1 pcm. 3" 02 housing and downpipe installed from last turbo, upper IC hardpipe more on its way soon.......... diablo tuner in the near future.
Old 06 Apr 2012, 02:06 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to Pipeous

I just had those exact fog lights installed on my car. plug and play (except my headlight switch needs replacing). Ken has them on his pt and the halo comes on with running lights and the rest with the foglight switch. they provide a nice light too. these are mounted in the pteazer fascia though. it's direct fit to that or stock no mods from what I understand.

that price is better than what I paid though.
Old 06 Apr 2012, 07:02 am
Senior Cruiser

i've had them for a few years now. They use an H3 bulb that has a 9005 or 9006 connector on the harness. i forget which one it is. i had to repin mine to make it work but it was fairly ez. i'm now looking to put HID's in them as i dont really use them for fogs but more for driving lights. I'll make sure they're aimed correctly so as to not blind oncoming traffic
FS: '03 GT Elec Blue w/rear suicide doors or '03 auto PCM, S3 turbofold, WGA, 3.5" o2 & 3" DP - make offer

Last edited by OurPTGT; 06 Apr 2012 at 07:07 am.
Old 06 Apr 2012, 09:27 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Ok well that's cool. I'm gonna get them then. One last question. Since mine doesn't even have a fog light switch. I can just run it from my own switch and wire it up that way cant I?

Old 06 Apr 2012, 12:48 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrbsr05pt View Post
Ok well that's cool. I'm gonna get them then. One last question. Since mine doesn't even have a fog light switch. I can just run it from my own switch and wire it up that way cant I?
yes u will have no problem doin that. i did the same mine r the OEM fogs for the 06 model and i ran my own wiring and hooked them up with 4300k white hids.
2006 Cruiser, Non-Turbo, 19 inch Konig Trouble rims on 225/35/19 Ironman Imove tires, Airaid CAI, E3 Plugs, msd super conductor 8.5 mm wires, Freedon Design Strut Tower Brace, Glow Shift Pillar gauges, EBC Slotted Rotors with EBC Green Stuff Ceramic Fiber Core Pads, Lowerd on Tien springs, Full Custom Kenwood Excelon sound system with 1 12" JL Audio W0, 8000k Blue hids up top and aftermarket OEM Fogs with white 8000k in bumper. Ipcw Bermuda black true led taillights with tinted reverse lights.
Old 06 Apr 2012, 12:58 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Cool cool cool. All the info I needed. Much appreciated.

Old 07 Apr 2012, 07:25 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via MSN to Pipeous

I was just trying to hook mine up. I found one wiring harness with 2 plugs. I tested with a volt meter and on getting mv changes when I turn on the headlight switch (1.4mv) and nothing happens when I hit the foglight switch...

I also tried connecting the wires dorect with a 9v battery. I can get the rings to light but nothing from the center bulb... I imagine the 9v isn't powerful enough. being I have to work tonight I will wait until tomorrow to pull more stuff off and see...
Old 11 Apr 2012, 11:00 am
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via ICQ to PT_Panel

I have them in mine also and have the halo turn on when any of the lights are on.