PT Cruiser Forum  
Advertisements
       

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
good bye prop rod!!

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 21 Apr 2012, 09:30 pm
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 125
Thumbs up good bye prop rod!!

hello hood struts!!!!


http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g232/atkins28/1a.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g232/atkins28/1b.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g232/atkins28/1c.jpg


the paint is pretty darn close in the daylight..............clear coat darkened it up a bit i think, but overall i love the kit!! thank you maggie!!!
__________________
2005 N/A Pt Cruiser. K&N drop in, limo tint, MSD 8.5 wires, Champion Double Platinum #7570 plugs,
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 21 Apr 2012, 09:38 pm
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 27,744
Default Re: good bye prop rod!!

One of the best mods anyone can do. The touch-up paint does match up very well.
__________________
Rules of the forum have been updated as of *07/07/2019* Please read them over.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 21 Apr 2012, 09:51 pm
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 125
Default Re: good bye prop rod!!

thanks! it is a great mod and its really easy to install, and its just one of those dumb little things that you get a kick out of every time you open the hood!!
__________________
2005 N/A Pt Cruiser. K&N drop in, limo tint, MSD 8.5 wires, Champion Double Platinum #7570 plugs,
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 21 Apr 2012, 10:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 27,744
Default Re: good bye prop rod!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryman View Post
thanks! it is a great mod and its really easy to install, and its just one of those dumb little things that you get a kick out of every time you open the hood!!
It wares off. I don't even think about now. Of course I've had them on for about 5 years now.
__________________
Rules of the forum have been updated as of *07/07/2019* Please read them over.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 22 Apr 2012, 04:43 am
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Mooresville, NC
Posts: 5,324
Default Re: good bye prop rod!!

Jeesh, I still need to put mine on. I have 4 mods sitting here in boxes that I've just not had the time to do. Add to it, lots and lots of PT parts that I should sell but no time. Got those factory 15 spoke chromies, should post them for sale...sigh....just no time....
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 22 Apr 2012, 10:44 am
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 125
Default Re: good bye prop rod!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Jeesh, I still need to put mine on. I have 4 mods sitting here in boxes that I've just not had the time to do. Add to it, lots and lots of PT parts that I should sell but no time. Got those factory 15 spoke chromies, should post them for sale...sigh....just no time....
PM me a pic of those factory rims, and size, and price i might be interested..............
__________________
2005 N/A Pt Cruiser. K&N drop in, limo tint, MSD 8.5 wires, Champion Double Platinum #7570 plugs,
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08 Sep 2012, 11:17 am
Regular Cruiser
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Eatonton, Georgia
Posts: 116
Send a message via Yahoo to Jtwheels2007
Default Re: good bye prop rod!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryman View Post
hello hood struts!!!!


http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g232/atkins28/1a.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g232/atkins28/1b.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g232/atkins28/1c.jpg


the paint is pretty darn close in the daylight..............clear coat darkened it up a bit i think, but overall i love the kit!! thank you maggie!!!

How much of the 'weight' do these take off of lifting the hood? I am in a wheelchair, therefore trying to lift my own hood is near impossible while trying to place prop rod.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08 Sep 2012, 11:31 am
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 27,744
Default Re: good bye prop rod!!

Jtwheels,

The prop rods I have are years old and maybe some of the "help" when lifting has gone out of them but right now (just tried) the hood still weighs quite a bit to get up in the air so the rods hold it open. If you have strong arms, you might be able to push/throw up the hood high enough for the rods to catch and hold it up. Hard to say.
__________________
Rules of the forum have been updated as of *07/07/2019* Please read them over.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08 Sep 2012, 12:50 pm
Veteran Cruiser
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: darien il
Posts: 4,592
Default Re: good bye prop rod!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Jtwheels,

The prop rods I have are years old and maybe some of the "help" when lifting has gone out of them but right now (just tried) the hood still weighs quite a bit to get up in the air so the rods hold it open. If you have strong arms, you might be able to push/throw up the hood high enough for the rods to catch and hold it up. Hard to say.
the pic of your trunk lid being "propped" up made me LOL. (although i assume it's just so the striping shows)

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08 Sep 2012, 01:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 27,744
Default Re: good bye prop rod!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob342 View Post
the pic of your trunk lid being "propped" up made me LOL. (although i assume it's just so the striping shows)


Yes Rob. During shows, if I lift the hatch all the way to show off the interior, the striping, LED light bar on the wing and hatch handle it's seen so the prop rod I made for the hatch just opens it enough to show both.
__________________
Rules of the forum have been updated as of *07/07/2019* Please read them over.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 08 Sep 2012 at 01:10 pm.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HOOD PROP UP UKJ Tech & Performance Forum 21 21 Nov 2016 06:40 pm
WTB: PT Cruiser Hood prop & M/T Shift fork. Eddie9195 Classifieds: Want To Buy 15 11 May 2012 02:51 pm
I don't want to say good bye to my PT! PeteLover General PT Cruiser Discussions 13 22 Feb 2012 08:32 pm
WANTED -Hood Prop Rod Kempec Classifieds: Want To Buy 10 07 Oct 2010 11:41 pm
any help will be good chicagoburb Exterior Accessories Forum 8 04 Nov 2003 12:55 pm


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:07 pm.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2 © 2011, Crawlability, Inc.
vB.Sponsors