Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
fog light install

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15 May 2012, 09:30 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default fog light install

for everyone that put in there own fog lights for there pt that didnt come with them can you give me some aide on doing so. im gonna order oems from the dealer and then install them. yes before everyone jumps down my throat im using relays and fuses. but id like to know what everyone did for install. i would like to run hids in them but i dont need to. pics and words would be greatly appreciated!
Old 15 May 2012, 11:36 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: fog light install

Look in eBay you can find the OEM there for a better price!

Look at item 130624023587

Last edited by ROCKETMAN8060; 15 May 2012 at 11:39 pm.
Old 16 May 2012, 07:55 am
Cool Cruiser

i can order them through sears which is where i work for 60 and then make money off it for selling it to a "customer" so i think ill do that. but i need help on install.....
Old 16 May 2012, 08:27 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunt41 View Post
i can order them through sears which is where i work for 60 and then make money off it for selling it to a "customer" so i think ill do that. but i need help on install.....
On ebay are $45 for the set free shipping.
Old 16 May 2012, 09:14 am
Cool Cruiser

lol i dont have a ebay account or card. im paying with cash. i wish i did or my card would blow up with expenses. just like when they had that strut brace. i asked my dad if i gave him money can u order it. no. i was mad because you cant find them any more and i wanted one before they were sold to every owner on the planet earth.
Old 16 May 2012, 07:15 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to TheDarkAvengerX Send a message via Skype™ to TheDarkAvengerX

Don't mean to high-jack this thread but since we're on the subject of fog lights, what does anyone think of these fog lights: 01 02 03 04 05 PT CRUISER HALO PROJECTOR FOG LIGHT LAMP | eBay Part me is interested but don't know if it will look good.
Old 16 May 2012, 07:38 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkAvengerX View Post
Don't mean to high-jack this thread but since we're on the subject of fog lights, what does anyone think of these fog lights: 01 02 03 04 05 PT CRUISER HALO PROJECTOR FOG LIGHT LAMP | eBay Part me is interested but don't know if it will look good.
Those are nice! I like them! It would look great on your car!!!
Old 20 May 2012, 09:18 pm
Cool Cruiser

for the people that put fog lights in that the car didnt come with from the dealer, i understand we have the change the light switch as well. does any one know if its the switch or what and if there is a seperate plug that gets plugged in? i found a switch at autozone for the pt with the fog light switch in it. the reason why i am getting it there is because i have a gift card for there and it will help pay for the switch. i will see if i can get a picture of it for the forum. i just need to know like asap so i know what i am doing. hopefully that one will work and i dont need to tear the whole engine bay out to find the fog light connectors and hopefully all i have to do is change the switch, put in a fuse, and a relay and then plug them up and then light. i did see that some have to get the pcm flashed. i also saw that first gens the fogs dont go in the pcm circuitry. can some one like god answer the billion questions i have so i can get this settled? the lights should arrive on wednesday and sears gave me off thursday so im pumped to do an install!
Old 20 May 2012, 09:34 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via Skype™ to Dill

I added fogs to a non fog cruiser.

Easiest way was simply...

Need foglights, need bulbs (chances are your car is prewired), need multifunction switch.

Thats it. Just plug in and go!

Edit: I hate sears. I worked there 2 years ago and it was the best worst job ever, great cause there were never any customers so I got to sit around all day... Bad cause a Wall Street investor should never own a Retail establishment... He milking it for all hes worth and leaving a dead company in his wake... Screw you Ed Lampert! Yano he recently said "customers dont care what the store looks like, they only care about the people working there" psh yeah i dont go to sears cause the ceiling looks like its going to fall down and the store needs renovated.

If You Have Not Already, Add Yourself To The PT Cruiser Members Map!

To Learn More About My PT Cruiser And Its Mods Visit My PT's Blog At www.PickledPt.blogspot.com

Last edited by Dill; 20 May 2012 at 09:37 pm.
Old 21 May 2012, 05:25 am
Cool Cruiser

im a resent noob at sears. its a sears hardware actually. and we got bought out by indians a couple weeks ago so alot of internal processes have changed. i hate it and like it too. the boss came up to us and was like can you guys cut your hours back so we can make pay roll? we said we didnt mind. well here we find out they hire 4 more people. lol. anyhow back to the pt talk. how hard was it to get to the wires for the bulbs? and where did you order your switch? and is there a relay already in place?