Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
LED Strip Headlight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23 May 2012, 01:56 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default LED Strip Headlight

Has anyone put the LED strip light on their headlight? Like the one Mercedes have on.
Old 23 May 2012, 02:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: LED Strip Headlight

Was thinking of adding a strip of 4 or 8 LED's that were advertised in the new AutoWeek magazine but never got around to it.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 23 May 2012, 09:51 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

BMW fad!

Put the LEDs under the car & behind the grille!

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 23 May 2012, 10:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I already have them LED inside and I was thinking putting led on the headlights would be a cheap mod.
Old 24 May 2012, 03:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I seem to remember someone doing this. Dont remember if it was here or PTCrew though
Old 27 Jun 2012, 02:12 pm
Fresh Cruiser

sorry to open this old thread any one know where under the hood appart from actually attaching it at the side light bulb base wherre you can get side light power from??
Old 27 Jun 2012, 02:47 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

keithz,

Your new here and I guess haven't been reading any of the threads so I'll let you know there was a major change in the PT in 2006. The exterior, interior and especially the electronics were all changed. Unless you tell us what year you car is, we just have to guess on most of the answers to your questions. It's a good idea to go to the welcome thread in the first part of the forum and introduce yourself and tell us about your PT. That way we can refer back to your introduction post to find out what year your talking about.

Now, if it happens to be a 2006+ that your looking for an attachment under the hood for some added power, your out of luck at least from me. If it's a 2001-2005, you have at least 4 extra spare fuses that can run all kinds of different accessories. Look under the hood at the Power Distribution Center (PDC).

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 02:22 am
Obsessed Cruiser

I actually have a set of 8 LED driving lights that I've been trying to figure out where to mount for several months now. Got to get the 3-tube grill installed back on them maybe mount to that. Not sure. I don't want the LED's just to light up under the nose or behind the grill, I want it for driving purposes.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 04:09 am
Cool Cruiser

I have them on mine. The dealer cut the wires flush with them for some reason so they dont work. Now they are an icky faded plastic strip. Im not sure if I can get the adhesive off if i remove them.
Old 10 Jul 2012, 06:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by L2fish View Post
I have them on mine. The dealer cut the wires flush with them for some reason so they dont work. Now they are an icky faded plastic strip. Im not sure if I can get the adhesive off if i remove them.
Plenty of things on the market to remove that sticky stuff. I always keep a large spray bottle of GOO GONE in the garage and 3M makes a good product also.