Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Has anyone mimicked a fender seam?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Jun 2012, 11:34 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Has anyone mimicked a fender seam?

I was wondering if anyone has successfully mimicked a fender seam in thier quest to make the car more retro. I'm not sure if a simple black pinstripe would do where the fender bulge meets the flat part of the body or if a piece of black trim would be needed. Has anyone done this? I'd love to see it.
Old 08 Jun 2012, 07:56 pm
Banned

Default Re: Has anyone mimicked a fender seam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyess333 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has successfully mimicked a fender seam in thier quest to make the car more retro.
In high school I mimicked Elvis Presley once. I also do a great james Cagney, an average Jimmy Stewart, since I look alot like Percy Kilbride (look him up on google) he was easy and then theres my classic yoda ("your ass---kick it---this PT will") but I've never tried an inanimate object like a fender seam. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

From the responce you have gotten, It appears most owners here simply don't care for the idea. To me, you would be adding lines that would clutter up the smooth flowing lines that the Chrysler stylists worked so hard to instill in our PTs. A modern "retro" car if you will. Personally I'm not into chrome and do-dads and such but thats okay. Everybody makes their own PTs to suit their own tastes. Thats why I doubt that any of the even mildy modded PTs are exactly like any other. Thats a good thing!

You should try it and post pics. It does sound enteresting. You could get the general idea by just using pinstriping tape to give you the visual you need.

Jerry
Old 09 Jun 2012, 07:19 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post
In high school I mimicked Elvis Presley once. I also do a great james Cagney, an average Jimmy Stewart, since I look alot like Percy Kilbride (look him up on google) he was easy and then theres my classic yoda ("your ass---kick it---this PT will") but I've never tried an inanimate object like a fender seam. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

From the responce you have gotten, It appears most owners here simply don't care for the idea. To me, you would be adding lines that would clutter up the smooth flowing lines that the Chrysler stylists worked so hard to instill in our PTs. A modern "retro" car if you will. Personally I'm not into chrome and do-dads and such but thats okay. Everybody makes their own PTs to suit their own tastes. Thats why I doubt that any of the even mildy modded PTs are exactly like any other. Thats a good thing!

You should try it and post pics. It does sound enteresting. You could get the general idea by just using pinstriping tape to give you the visual you need.

Jerry
LOL, I didnt respond because I had no idea what he was talking about
Old 09 Jun 2012, 07:58 am
Obsessed Cruiser

He's talking about the dark line/rubber molding between the fenders and the body as you can see on the picture below.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 09 Jun 2012 at 08:09 am.
Old 09 Jun 2012, 01:03 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
He's talking about the dark line/rubber molding between the fenders and the body as you can see on the picture below.

Oh ok, got it, thanks for the visual
Old 09 Jun 2012, 02:00 pm
Senior Cruiser

I think he didn't get responses because if you are younger you have no idea what a fender seam is. I think it would look really cool if you could find a way to lay fender welting in the fender and body lines..
Old 09 Jun 2012, 02:19 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Dockrey View Post
I think he didn't get responses because if you are younger you have no idea what a fender seam is.
Does that mean your saying that whoever remembers is an old guy.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 09 Jun 2012, 02:22 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post

Jerry
As the quote from my post above shows, I suggested that you can get a good represenation of what it would look like by simply using pinstripe tape. Using a minimum of 1/4" tape would probably work well. Someone just needs to try it ---Ray---Jimmy?

Jerry

Last edited by wwpptc; 09 Jun 2012 at 02:29 pm.
Old 09 Jun 2012, 02:25 pm
Senior Cruiser

Lol I include myself in my comment but yes you are correct
Old 28 Jun 2012, 11:49 am
Fresh Cruiser

I Think it's a good idea.