Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Aerial/Antenna, how to get it to fit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Jun 2012, 03:38 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Aerial/Antenna, how to get it to fit?

I cannot get mine to fit. When I bought the car, the standard one was broken in half. So bought a new solid 18" one from a Chrysler site. Now others seems to connect them no problems, but mine will not fit at all. The bits which go with it, will not fit the hole left when the old antenna was removed. Am I going to have to use a bit of brute force?

I am not even sure what I am asking really, just have others had issues fitting a new antenna? I really thought it would be a simple job, but what a nightmare.

Old 10 Jun 2012, 07:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Aerial/Antenna, how to get it to fit?

Is this aerial fitted in the front wing? or on the roof at the rear?
Not sure about the front wing.
you have to remove the head lining by the hand restraints and the boot seal to drop it down.
there are 2 connecters near the areial.
I have used a spark plug spanner to undo the nut and thats it..
Old 11 Jun 2012, 12:45 am
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteclaw View Post
I cannot get mine to fit. When I bought the car, the standard one was broken in half. So bought a new solid 18" one from a Chrysler site. Now others seems to connect them no problems, but mine will not fit at all. The bits which go with it, will not fit the hole left when the old antenna was removed. Am I going to have to use a bit of brute force?

I am not even sure what I am asking really, just have others had issues fitting a new antenna? I really thought it would be a simple job, but what a nightmare.
It would really help us to be certain of any answers we might give if you posted pics. Appropriate ones would be of the hole that is left in the fender, bottom portion of the old antenna that fit directly into the old hole in the fender and then the bottom portion of the new one that fits into the hole in the fender. In short, how will we know why it doesn't fit if we can't see it?

Also, apparently you didn't like the answers you got previously and the offer for help from jrbsr05pt?

You weren't on this site before under the name "prodigit" were you?

PLEASE click below

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...llation-2.html

Last edited by wwpptc; 11 Jun 2012 at 01:02 am.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 05:28 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have no idea who that poster is to be honest. I will check who it is and see if I should be offended though.

I would have thought a base model was a base model, the antenna is on the fender, although on the left side as it is UK model.

Just bought a standard screw on antenna, but the bolts are all slightly too big, which means I cannot screw that black cap on after to keep the antenna with the base locked together. Should point out, the antenna apparently fits the Cruisers. Only wanted to know if others have had issues or not really. Is it a common thing, and brute force needed or just mine.

I will take pics, not easy right now as we are having appalling weather here along with flooding.

Also got access to it all without having to remove anything/ I got good access through the door itself. So there was some plus side to it all.

Last edited by whiteclaw; 11 Jun 2012 at 05:37 pm.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 05:40 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpptc View Post

Also, apparently you didn't like the answers you got previously and the offer for help from jrbsr05pt?
Didn't like??? Did you read it. I was appreciative of those answers, but it was mainly concerning an electric antenna there. I would assume different parts.

Not to mention, I forgot I posted that thread if I am honest.

Talk about twist.