Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Shaved door handles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13 Feb 2004, 04:54 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Shaved door handles

getting my door handles shaved next week, was just wondering if anyone has this done , did you put door poppers on all four doors or just the front two. i am only popping the front two doors. . did anyone run into any problems doing this project? thanks for all the help in advance
"SLOW NLO"
Old 13 Feb 2004, 05:12 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to yobiebs

DB, you having this done around the Bucks County area? Just curious, as I was talking to a friend about doing this some time in the near future.... [:X]

The Philadelphia Flyer
Old 13 Feb 2004, 05:36 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I think shaved looks cool, but thats alot of work for the final results, and what happens when your battery runs dry??
Old 13 Feb 2004, 07:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

yobiebs getting this done locally , one shop is putting my door poppers in on the 23rd of feb, and then a body shop around here is doing the rest.. nice shop a couple of buddies that work there,, theres a place in levitown that does all custom work, they took a white pt cruiser shaved the handles, filled the body lines and put a airride in for that car.. www.gogocustoms.com you can check it out. i think they told me just 300.00 to put just my front 2 poppers in, and they were pretty expensive on labor.. when i get it done if you want, i will the body guy if he wants another car to do. he is only charging me 100.00 a door..
03, onyx 5 speed, custom interior, 14 tv\'s, ps2, , custom stereo, hood, bruiser front, sides, roll pan, custom exhaust,20 inch rims, air ride system, 4 12inch subs in a molded in a box, member of del val and GROUNDED 4 LIFE. vertical doors, big ass ragtop roof, 10.5 inch screen in steering wheel, move window switches to glove box, glassed a tv where the switches were, smoothed dash and painted, led tailights, tv;s in quater panel windows

FRESH TWO TONE GREEN AND SILVER , SHAVED TAILIGHTS WITH LEDS IN THE ROLL PAN...
Old 14 Feb 2004, 11:18 am
Fresh Cruiser

We have door poppers on our panel and the battery tends to go dead pretty fast if you keep opening the doors. Make sure you have extra key with you.
Old 14 Feb 2004, 07:16 pm
Regular Cruiser

re: flat battery
i have seen done on a number of street rods that have the shaved handles amd door poppers is that they have a set of remote mounted battery terminal posts installed to provide a place that a jumper cable can be attached in order to supply electricity to the car if it has a dead battery. sometimes these posts are brass or copper. they can be mounted on the outside edge of a frame rail (but still tucked out of the way) or in a wheel well. most of the locations that i have seen are underneath the lower side molding. you would need some pretty stout wiring from the battery to the remote posts (welding lead can be used 0 or 00 size) in order to get enough juice from the jumper to the dead battery. just think of the embarassment that this mod could save.
redrum
03 GT
Old 14 Feb 2004, 08:15 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to ptcruzin42

vavroom...pics?
Old 15 Feb 2004, 01:12 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Make sure that the body work is perfect before you allow then to paint the area. I have seen several PT Cruisers, done by different shops, that had bad results. When the paint shrinks, which it does according to my painter, the poor welding and/or filler work shows up and it doesn't look good at all.

Don aka Basset Hound

Pics at: http://members4.clubphoto.com/don284358/
Old 15 Feb 2004, 11:48 am
Dedicated Cruiser

re: flat battery
There are kits that come with a back-up battery.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 11 Jun 2005, 01:16 am
Young Cruiser

Anybody know of these kits or other solutions to the dead battery problem once doors are shaved. I was thinking of upgrading to a diff. battery.