Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Planning on replacing side mirrors

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Aug 2012, 10:24 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to TheDarkAvengerX Send a message via Skype™ to TheDarkAvengerX
Default Planning on replacing side mirrors

Hey everyone,

For my next modding adventure, I plan on replacing the side mirrors,

I plan on getting these but I have some questions about it, 00-06 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER LED BLACK M3 POWER SIDE VIEW MIRRORS | eBay

Has anyone used these? Is it just a simple plug and play replacement procedure?

Thanks!
Old 02 Aug 2012, 11:06 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Planning on replacing side mirrors

nice mirrors. don't know if they hook right up, but here in wisconsin we can't have any blue lights that can be seen by law enforcement. probably because here the squad cars have blue and red top lights.
Old 02 Aug 2012, 04:02 pm
Senior Cruiser

I agree about the blue lights being police magnets. My son got pulled over and cited for those little blue lights in the windshield washer squirters. The law everywhere states that on the sides of vehicles the "forward" lights need to be amber and the "rearward" lights need to be red. Check out the running lights on dualie truck fenders and you will see what I mean. There may be some wiggle room about all the side lights can be amber but that's it. Those cowboys driving big 18 wheelers you see at night can be lit up like Christmas trees but you'll notice the Christmas tree is pretty much amber. It has to do with certain colors having certain meanings to everyone. The same reason you don't see green stop signs.

The price of those in the link looks to be pretty cheap so dont expect factory quality at that price point. At the very least, save your OEM mirrors "just in case". It's not a huge project to change mirrors if you have to, unless they don't just plug right up like the seller claims.

Now this is just personal opinion, but blue lights are gay and rice. I might have to throw my beer bottle at you as we pass each other on the other side of the road.
Old 02 Aug 2012, 05:00 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

You can also have WHITE lights on the front and back. Think front turn signals and running lights and rear plate lights.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Aug 2012, 05:58 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2step View Post
Now this is just personal opinion, but blue lights are gay and rice. I might have to throw my beer bottle at you as we pass each other on the other side of the road.
I know this is your personal opinion , but I bet you just offended a lot of people that are running blue lights. IMO

2008 Touring -9050 miles (Cash for Clunkers trade-in)
2008 Miata MX5 Vert. 30000 Mi
2000 Astro Con. Van. 58000 Mi (One owner)
2005 HD Sporster 1200, 8000 Mi
Old 02 Aug 2012, 06:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to TheDarkAvengerX Send a message via Skype™ to TheDarkAvengerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiszr View Post
I know this is your personal opinion , but I bet you just offended a lot of people that are running blue lights. IMO
Get the torches out!

What I am planning on doing is plugging the light up to the dome lights so they will only come on when I open the door and such.
Old 02 Aug 2012, 06:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

The light in the mirror, I believe, is supposed to blink with the turn signals to give extra warning to other drivers that your about to turn. What I see in the picture is either you can get blue or white lights, your choice.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 03 Aug 2012, 10:56 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkAvengerX View Post
Get the torches out!

What I am planning on doing is plugging the light up to the dome lights so they will only come on when I open the door and such.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiszr View Post
Well, I'm old and I'm grumpy so I get to say whatever I want. I've got the scars to prove I've earned it.

But all seriousness aside, I said it was my opinion only. You can do it if you wish and I can hold my nose and go "Phew!" if I want to. I know I can be more diplomatic.... but I'd rather joke around. I'm not so sure here which can be accused of being more uptight, the "offendor" or the "offendee". If my friend or neighbor painted his house purple, wouldn't I be duty bound to try and change his mind?

In all my years of owning Cruisers I've learned (1) anything can happen, and (2) there are no sacred cows. Keep Cruisin' my friend.
Old 03 Aug 2012, 04:02 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkAvengerX View Post
Hey everyone,

For my next modding adventure, I plan on replacing the side mirrors,

I plan on getting these but I have some questions about it, 00-06 CHRYSLER PT CRUISER LED BLACK M3 POWER SIDE VIEW MIRRORS | eBay

Has anyone used these? Is it just a simple plug and play replacement procedure?

Thanks!

i have used these mirrors as a 'cheaper than stock' replacement on my honda prelude. they fit like crap. they were weird, like they fit too high and on an angle which made it harder to see. picture taking the stock glass out and rotating it upward on the outside and down on the inside. also the glass was slightly convex at the edges which distorted my vision. then again what would one expect for $34? i paid a LOT more for mine but they were the same exact picture as in your ad. the glass is also MUCH smaller than you would expect. that's why there's no picture of it.

they are the absolute lowest quality product of china i have ever seen on ebay and they know it too. that's why there are no pictures of them installed on cars. i wish i could track down the guy selling them on ebay so i could shove those mirrors up his a-hole and break the glass with a bullet from my mauser m2.

if additional lighting is your goal a better solution would probably be to click the following link. my friend with an M3 had me install a kit like this for him because he was jealous of his bosses mercedes. the kit he used had a longer strip of lights and was very bright and classy looking at night.

here's a video of this on a vette
[URL="

Last edited by rob342; 03 Aug 2012 at 07:10 pm.
Old 03 Aug 2012, 07:13 pm
Veteran Cruiser

this is how circus like the glass is. check out the reflection of the fluorescent bulb. from farther away it's even worse. all my passengers noticed and mentioned it.