PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Exterior Accessories for Cream Color

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12 Aug 2012, 02:37 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Exterior Accessories for Cream Color

I absolutely hate the color of my PT Cruiser. I thought it was something I could deal with when I first purchased the car, but as time advanced, I just couldn't. Was wondering if anyone here have a cream color PT Cruiser and if you did anything to the exterior of it to make it look good.
Old 12 Aug 2012, 04:27 pm
Banned

Default Re: Exterior Accessories for Cream Color

Where ya at? LOL

This is video 2 of like 7.

Not sure if this is the exact color but he has his real nice
Old 12 Aug 2012, 04:53 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Busa,

The video is a Stone White Clearcoat which came out in the earlier models. With the second generation Chrysler came out with a Cool Vanilla which is another way of saying Off White. That's probably the color Nameless is talking about.

You could always go for the Woody look that would cover up a lot of the body.

I don't quite care for it, but if it was the real color of wood, you can see how much of the color is covered.

Here's the place to get all kinds of wood treatment.

http://www.ptwoody.com/

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.

Last edited by CREWZIN; 12 Aug 2012 at 04:55 pm.
Old 12 Aug 2012, 05:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
I absolutely hate the color of my PT Cruiser. I thought it was something I could deal with when I first purchased the car, but as time advanced, I just couldn't. Was wondering if anyone here have a cream color PT Cruiser and if you did anything to the exterior of it to make it look good.
Go to an Add company and rent out your pt for an Add Wrap ,Change of color and they pay you...

Old 12 Aug 2012, 05:03 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
Busa,

The video is a Stone White Clearcoat which came out in the earlier models. With the second generation Chrysler came out with a Cool Vanilla which is another way of saying Off White. That's probably the color Nameless is talking about.

You could always go for the Woody look that would cover up a lot of the body.

I don't quite care for it, but if it was the real color of wood, you can see how much of the color is covered.

Here's the place to get all kinds of wood treatment.

PTWoody.com Home of the original Woody.
I no expert, the colors looked the same to me, lol

Old 12 Aug 2012, 05:42 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Okay, there are two colors - Vanilla or White - now which one is being discussed???

I never liked the vanilla colored PT's, always thought the 300's were fabulous in that color. Then a friend of mine bought one, actually a couple friends of mine. One was a vert and OMG it was gorgeous. Lemme see if I can find some pictures....
Old 12 Aug 2012, 05:58 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Met this couple driving back from Florida. We were both heading up I-95, they were going to Connecticut, I was coming home to Mooresville, NC. After we stopped and met each other at this rest area, we hung together until I hit Hwy 26 and had to head off northwest. Remarkable couple with a remarkable PT. It was so lovely. Ignore the bugs on it, we both were dowsed with bugs from Florida...

You can see my PT behind their's:

Those wheels, and the tires with the wide whitewalls, just gorgeous:

Notice on the rear sport bow (some people call it a roll bar), custom paint job, lovely scenes, sunrise on the driver's side, sunset on the passenger side:

Beautiful custom pinstriping, nice chrome on the grills, wish I'd gotten some interior shots, the car was just beautiful. They are a retired couple, and the husband is a PT fanatic. He's done tons of work on it and it really is lovely:

Personally, I'd have had my plastic mirrors sanded smooth then had the belt line and mirrors painted to match the creme color. That black seems to throw it off a bit, since they've got a tan top. By the way, this is the vanilla creme color, I know it looks white, but if you parked a white PT next to it, you'd notice the difference immediately. Add to it, these photos were taken in the beginning of summer under glaring light.
Old 12 Aug 2012, 06:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Look through the PT People albums on Facebook. Bound to be some ideas in there. Keep in mind the money and your abilities, as to what ideas you are looking for.

Remember any thing you see on another color can be done to yours if you use the right accent colors that go wit your color. Your inside color might help you their.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com

Last edited by Busted_PT; 12 Aug 2012 at 06:30 pm.
Old 12 Aug 2012, 07:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Now, normally I'm not a fan of white vehicles, I do like the cream colors, but you can see here, my white PT definitely looks different than that cream colored one. Course, I did a LOT of Mods to it, and really like the way it rides now....

Old 12 Aug 2012, 07:49 pm
Senior Cruiser

My first Cruiser I bought new in '04 was a cool vanilla GT and I special ordered it that color. I loved the vanilla paint. At first I was planing to do something in a retro 2-tone by adding some mocha brown but I never got around to it because I was also looking for more performance and bought a turbo Cruiser already built from AGP Turbos. It happened to be in another color that is one of those love/hate colors. Here they are side by side......

The cool vanilla was what I picked. The onyx green was what I later settled for. I was thinking retro when I added the continental kit.....

.....but I didn't have it that long and didn't move on with the plans.

The onyx green did get some spins to work with the color and it turned out really nice, if I do say so myself......

I saw a similar 2-tone "Dream" treatment on a vanilla car a while back (not a Cruiser) that was outstanding. It was vanilla below the body line with copper metalic on top. It was orgasmic! I didn't have a camera with me but I do have a picture of an oldie that's sort of like what I'm talking about. Maybe someone can Photoshop it a little to give it a more rust/copper tone on the top......

I'm big on the vanilla but I understand that others have their own tastes and opinion. But don't give up on it because you can do dozens of things to take it to where you live.
Chromenut likes this.

Last edited by 2step; 12 Aug 2012 at 07:51 pm. Reason: add info