Advertisements
Chrome Accents on a silver PT?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18 Feb 2004, 12:31 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to VikingCruiser
Default Chrome Accents on a silver PT?

Hey everyone!
I've been lurking on this board for about a week now (ever since I bought my first cruiser [?]) and i have a question. I'm already itchin to so some chrome trim on the interior and exterior, but I already have a Silver PT. If I were to get a chrome grill kit and a chrome beltline kit would it look good and would you even notice?
I've been looking for pics of Silver Cruisers with chrome on the exterior, but its hard to find them. Anyone got any suggestions/thoughts?
Old 18 Feb 2004, 12:49 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

VikingCruiser, welcome to the forum. I'll see if I can find some pics of a silver PT with chrome, get back to you later.

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 18 Feb 2004, 01:16 pm
Senior Cruiser

Well, you're bound to get some people telling you that if you think it looks good, you should do it. Some are really into chrome trim, while others think a lack of chrome lends itself to a "cleaner" look. I'm kinda thinking that chrome trim on a silver car would actually be fairly subtle. No, it won't stand out as much as it would on a black car, but that just might be the beauty of chrome on silver - subtle flash. Then again, maybe I'm not really helping and should just move on to the next topic!
Old 18 Feb 2004, 01:23 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the quick responses,
IRPT thanks for the welcome, I hope you have better luck finding pics than I had, and I appreciate the effort.
Mike, I agree that it might ad a subtle look, which might be exactly what I'm looking for . And I think you were very helpful, so thanks for being nice to the new guy.
Where should I look for Grill trim, are there different types/styles?
Old 18 Feb 2004, 01:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Welcome VikingCruiser [^]. This is a great place to get advise and info.

There are many places to order the chrome parts you sre looking for, JC Whintey, Moss Motors, etc. Just go to their respective websites and search for Grilles, etc. There are a number of links to advertisers right here. The hard part is deciding WHICH one to buy.[xx(]. Remember "IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU" as far as what you like.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 01:37 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Mike-in-Orange

Well, you're bound to get some people telling you that if youI'm kinda thinking that chrome trim on a silver car would actually be fairly subtle. No, it won't stand out as much as it would on a black car, but that just might be the beauty of chrome on silver - subtle flash...
Remember--"less is MORE". Good luck, and, welcome to the forum, VikingCruiser. [^]
Old 18 Feb 2004, 01:55 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by VikingCruiser

I've been looking for pics of Silver Cruisers with chrome on the exterior, but its hard to find them. Anyone got any suggestions/thoughts?
Here are a couple with some chrome exterior (beltline, etc.)

http://members2.clubphoto.com/marc20...52/guest.phtml

http://members2.clubphoto.com/marc20...83/guest.phtml

http://ptcw.truckmoxie.com/mygallery.ten?id=3425

2002 Inferno Red PT Limited
Photos and more at: http://www.randgraphics.org/PT_Cruiser/demos/index.htm
Mercedes Wiki
Old 18 Feb 2004, 02:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

I believe chrome looks good with any color and would like too see a chromed out silver PT. Maybe you could be the first because everyone else has the same ideas that you have about it not looking good.

I say do it. Chrome will only make it more FLASHY.
Old 18 Feb 2004, 02:48 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Again, great input, thanks IRPT for the great links to pics. I think I am going to go for a nice Grill trim, beltline trim, and maybe the lights (front and rear) I don't want to get too excessive, but I think that will give it a pretty balanced Flashy look!
Now all I have to do is buy it with . . . oh wait i used that $$$ to buy the car . . . Well, gonna have to save up then i'll post pics. Thanks again for the help!
Old 18 Feb 2004, 03:07 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

I got the E&G classics billet aluminum grille - I think it looks great on silver.
Also, there are kits (www.StreamlineDesign.Com) of black vinyl pieces that you apply to the vertical pieces of the grille that make the horizontal bars stand out.
What I realy like about mine is that the painted alloy wheels match the body color perfectly.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles