Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Painting done now or later?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Feb 2004, 11:28 am
Senior Cruiser

Default Painting done now or later?

If you have already read my window tint hickup, I have another question as well.

There is a show coming up on the 28 of this month. I have two key items that I would like to show off during this show. I have a paint guy that does good work, and was refereded from a friend. The only problem is that the shop, I heard, is in a ghettoy part of town and is not a good place to hang out after dark.

With all my after market parts on my PT I don't want to take it over there, but getting my grandmothers van is a choure too. I also think and work better when alone and looking for an address.

Im going to have to take these items to him during the weekend I think. Im running out of time and are stupid for waiting so long. I also know that the prep and paint work will take a few days and cost me some dough. I can put the items in the PT without a problem to take to him and I could installed them in a few hours.

What to do, what to do

Much help again would be greatly apprecaited.

Thanks
Old 20 Feb 2004, 05:51 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KingKole02

...The only problem is that the shop, I heard, is in a ghettoy part of town and is not a good place to hang out after dark. With all my after market parts on my PT I don't want to take it over there...What to do, what to do...
My recommendation would be to make an agreement with the shop's owner that [u]your car will be kept inside at all times</u> while it remains there for paint work. If the shop is a reputable one this should not be a problem. This is what I did when I left my car for over a week to have custom paint work done--it always remained inside and the shop was locked/secured at night--no problems whatsoever. Good luck.