Advertisements
Heated mirrors question.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By sanatanadharma

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Oct 2012, 09:19 pm
Regular Cruiser

Question Heated mirrors question.

I picked up a pair of 2001 folding heated mirrors for my 2004 DC3, but I have a problem. The plugs at the end of the two folding mirrors are different than my original mirrors. I thought that they were all the same, just more wires for the heat. Any suggestions or ideas?

This is what the original plug looks like.

This is the plug for the heated folding mirror.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 11:33 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Re: Heated mirrors question.

i would cut the plugs and solder on a male/female equivalent for each wire needed. just mate the colors.
Old 27 Oct 2012, 11:37 pm
Senior Cruiser

I'm sure the wires coming from your PT will match a few on the heated mirrors in order to power the motor for mirror adjusting.

If the wire colors aren't the same for the mirror-adjustment in itself, use a multimeter to measure voltage when attempting to adjust the mirror to find the correct wires.

As for the heated mirror part, you'll want to have a switch for that...maybe wired in conjunction with your defroster or something.

I'll take a look at my PT factory service manual to see if there are wiring diagrams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromenut View Post
Kawi is a friggin genius!
Old 28 Oct 2012, 11:37 pm
Cool Cruiser

Cool Re: Heated mirrors question.

I should've kept my old headed power mirrors from my old 2001 PT limited. I hate that my 05 GT doesn't have heated mirror and hate even more that they don't fold in. Fail on Chryslers part it was a cost cutting measure im sure but it should've been offered as an option then. You really need heated mirrors during winter in Chicago.
Purple 2005 PT GT ATX w/ Mopar stage 1 PCM, Diablosport 93 oct tune, airbox mod, K&N drop in filter, Mopar BOV, AGP wastegate (8 psi spring), Custom made stage 1 camshafts, motor mount inserts, NGK Iridium plugs, MSD wires, ARP Head Studs, Gates Racing Timing Belt, AC Delete kit, purple painted Valve cover, Rebuilt (stock) Turbo , AEM Boost, Oil Pressure, and Wideband guages, triple guage A pillar pod, Strut Tower brace, Needswings 3in o2 housing, 3in downpipe w/ high flow cat and electric cutout, 2.5in Magnaflow catback, custom check valve, custom larger capacity trans cooler w/ built in cooling fan, Eibachs pro lowering springs, KYP front and rear struts, matte black hood and grille, gloss black stock SRT neon rims, purple lug nuts, blacked out tailights and reflectors so far. Built and bored out motor, AGP S256 turbo, ported cylinder head, and built trans soon to come.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 12:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Contact Sanatanadaharma l'm pretty sure he did this mod on his. The spelling might be off. He is pretty sharp on the electricals.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 29 Oct 2012, 12:58 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Close! sanatanadharma

Edited because Trumpism

Whatever help/advise/knowledge I have ever given was only my opinion about no longer mattering "facts.
So make up your own opinions and ignore factual reality.
Wire harness colors are only false flag ops to keep one believing that expertise and knowledge and ability matter.

Replace expertise with real made-in-murika-opinionism and all will be great again.
Or buy Russian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
Contact Sanatanadaharma l'm pretty sure he did this mod on his. The spelling might be off. He is pretty sharp on the electricals.
Busted_PT likes this.

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 31 Dec 2016 at 05:28 pm.
Old 29 Oct 2012, 01:18 am
Cool Cruiser

The biggest problem I see is that the wire colors and connector on your new mirror do not match any mirror schematic or connector pin-out I could find. It's doable, but you're going to have to do some testing to identify the mirror circuits in the mirror to correctly add them to your PT.

The current mirror and connector are correct according to the schematic. The new mirror, not so much.

Ron

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical Minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a Turd by the clean end". (R.J. Wiedemann Lt.Col. USMC Ret)
Old 29 Oct 2012, 01:10 pm
Regular Cruiser

Thanks for all of the suggestions, I now know what to do.

Tags
folding, heated, heated mirrors, mirrors