Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Washer LEDs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26 Feb 2004, 12:04 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Washer LEDs

On my second set of washer LEDs - the chrome is gone and you can see plastic. These were Toucan - what's the best ones out there? Are there any metal ones? They're cheap enough, but that hood blanket is such a pain....[:I]
Old 26 Feb 2004, 07:30 am
Regular Cruiser

I have heard of this problem and others that have said they simply quit working. I would like to know the answer to this question as well. I do like the way they look and they're a relatively cheap mod. I haven't done it yet because of all the problems I've heard about. Any good ones out there?
04 GT Inferno Red Loaded, Mopar Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Mopar Cabin Air Filter, Mopar BOV Kit, Blane Hood Struts, Strut Tower Brace, Kaiser Custom 17\" Wheels, Nankang Sport NS-1 225/45R17 Tires, Custom Decals, TYC Back-up Lights, LED Glow Lights in and out, Red Fuzzy Dice, Yet To Go; Mopar Stage-2 Turbo Kit, Mopar Stage-2 Suspension, Custom Paint.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 07:50 am
Cool Cruiser

Instead of going the chrome route, I ordered oem painted-to-match from - www.fastlanegrafix.com (antenna bezel too!). They should be in any day now.
Old 26 Feb 2004, 09:01 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by PTRON

Instead of going the chrome route, I ordered oem painted-to-match from - www.fastlanegrafix.com (antenna bezel too!). They should be in any day now.
Yeah, but I want 'em to light up.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 26 Feb 2004, 10:03 pm
Cool Cruiser

[:I]So how about buying lighted ones and painting them to match?[:I]
Old 26 Feb 2004, 11:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

I own the APC 7-color washer lights. Work great and have had them on for only 2 months, so I can't really give an opinion on how the finish will hold up. But last night one of the bulb lens covers must have fallen off while I was driving. I contacted Crutchfied (where I bought them) to see if they can get me a replacement lens. I really don't want to have to buy another set of nozzels just to get a lens.

On a side note, the nozzles recently starting leaking every time I drove the car. So I emptied the washer tank to about 1/2 full, & it appears to have taken care of the problem.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 11:21 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quicksilver,

I just ordered a Plasmaglow undercar lite kit and while looking around the site I found a "special" on lighted washers for only $7.00. Limited time offer, so hurry!

http://www.vanhorn1.com/catalog2054.html

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 28 Feb 2004, 12:23 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CREWZIN

Quicksilver,

I just ordered a Plasmaglow undercar lite kit and while looking around the site I found a "special" on lighted washers for only $7.00. Limited time offer, so hurry!

http://www.vanhorn1.com/catalog2054.html
But they're the same Toucan ones that I'm already on my second set of! At least they're cheaper than I paid....