Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
LED Windshield Washer Lights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27 Sep 2002, 12:24 pm
Young Cruiser

Default LED Windshield Washer Lights

I just installed some LED windshield washer lights and have run into a problem. When I'm driving the car the new windshield washers leak washer fluid. I've replaced the first LED set set with a different brand and the same problem still occurs. I've checked the installation instructions both times and it appears that I did the install correctly. Does anyone have a suggestion or fix for my problem? I'd really appreciate your help.

Old 27 Sep 2002, 03:06 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Jerry,
I had the same problem with mine and tried many different things to fix it, to no avail, I finally disconnected the hose going to the nozzles (I rarely use them). I finally got around to hooking up the wires and decided to try one more thing that I read on a different forum, drain the washer reservoir to about half full, or less, this did the trick, no more leaking nozzles. The very first PT's off the line had this problem, the fix was for DM put in nozzles that have check valves built into them (try blowing into one of the nozzles, then try it on the LED ones, you'll see what I mean). The cheap LED washer nozzles, and they're all cheap, I don't care what brand you buy or how much you pay, don't have the check valves in them, so when the car goes around a corner, and the reservoir is full, the pressure of the water forces it up and out the nozzle. I hope this works for you as it did for me.

Scott Baker - Driving Star Cruiser
Old 29 Sep 2002, 01:59 pm
Young Cruiser

StarCrwzr

Thanks for your suggestion. I'll give it a try.