Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Problems with Headlight bulbs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10 Mar 2004, 12:43 pm
Senior Cruiser

Default Problems with Headlight bulbs

This is the second time I have had a healight burn out. I have blue Xenon/Krypton bulbs and with a lifetime warranty to replace them have recieved two free. But I have used them dayly for about a month and have no lost a second one. No I did not touch the bulbs with hand.

Do these bulbs brand just plain stink?

And should you ever get ones that are too high, example: 51watt replaced with an 80w or 55w. I used 55w.

Some help please, I tired of changing my bulbs every month, by now Im a pro and get it done in 30 minutes both with leveling and everything.

Which brand has a good rep. StreetGlow, Eaglite, or Max, just some I found.

Some help please.
Thanks

This is not the site where I ordered mine origianlly, but have had good products from MidnightMoose and want to try them.

http://www.midnightmoose.com/9006xs.htm#
Old 10 Mar 2004, 01:04 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

KingKole,

Can't vouch for longevity since I put my blue lights in about a month ago but only been out at night about 3 times, but here's where I've gotten all my bulbs.

http://shop.autoi.com/osb/showitem.cfm?Category=0

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 01:19 pm
Senior Cruiser

What about Sylvania SilverStars?
Old 10 Mar 2004, 01:21 pm
Senior Cruiser

Crerwzin,
Get out at night more often and you will learn to really like those bulbs alot.

I drive at dark twice a day, in the mourning, and at night.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 02:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KingKole02

This is the second time I have had a healight burn out. I have blue Xenon/Krypton bulbs and with a lifetime warranty to replace them have recieved two free. But I have used them dayly for about a month and have no lost a second one. No I did not touch the bulbs with hand.

Do these bulbs brand just plain stink?

And should you ever get ones that are too high, example: 51watt replaced with an 80w or 55w. I used 55w.

Some help please, I tired of changing my bulbs every month, by now Im a pro and get it done in 30 minutes both with leveling and everything.

Which brand has a good rep. StreetGlow, Eaglite, or Max, just some I found.

Some help please.
Thanks

This is not the site where I ordered mine origianlly, but have had good products from MidnightMoose and want to try them.

http://www.midnightmoose.com/9006xs.htm#
Most of these 'Hype' bulbs are made in Korea and the quality is pretty low.We had to change suppliers on our OptiLux line because the original supplier gave us such problems with bulbs burning out.
A high-wattage bulb is going to die faster than a standard wattage bulb.The higher the wattage, the faster they burn out.That's why we offer a Lifetime Warranty on Standard Wattage OptiLux bulbs, and no warranty on High Wattage.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 10 Mar 2004, 02:25 pm
Senior Cruiser

Jack,
What about the Sylvania SilverStar? They sound pretty good, and the fact that the PT shares manufacturers.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 02:47 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by KingKole02

Jack,
What about the Sylvania SilverStar? They sound pretty good, and the fact that the PT shares manufacturers.
I've heard that the Silverstars are a good quality bulb.Most likely they come out of Osram, which is Sylvania in Germany.

Share manufacturers?

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 10 Mar 2004, 03:08 pm
Senior Cruiser

What I ment by share manufacturers, is that the stock bulbs are Sylvania 51w and the SilverStars are Sylvania 55watts. Thats what I ment.
Old 10 Mar 2004, 03:47 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have the Silverstars on mine with no poblems whatsoever. They've been on for about 3 months. Definitely brighter than stock. I'll try to get pics at night.

\'03 Electric Blue GT, silencers removed, K&N intake, Blanes Hood Struts, Emblems removed from rear hatch, Stage 1, Mopar BOV, Eibach springs, 18x8 Mille Miglia EV-R on 225/40/18 BFG g-Force T/A KDW 2, Eibach sway kit F&R, BTG Strut Bar, Chrome fuel door, custom 3\" cat-back exhaust with Magnaflow High-flow muffler, Blitz Dual Turbo Timer, Autometer Triple gauge pod, Autometer Ultra-lite with boost/vac, oil press and water temp gauges, Turbochargers.com wastegate, turboxs DSBC, Adams UCP, Dynoworks motor mounts with more to come.....
Old 10 Mar 2004, 03:52 pm
Senior Cruiser

Jack thanks for telling me there German.

I couldn't wait and bought them anyways, the SilverStars. Hope there as good as the say they are. For 50 bucks they better be. 48-72 hours will tell. Should arrive Friday.

I can't settle for averge stock headlights, no way! Not with the clear lens of the PT.