PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Yet another new PT taillight

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28 Mar 2004, 12:24 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Yet another new PT taillight

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

I just have to ask; Does anybody out there recall any taillight vendor approaching and asking actual PT owners what we want in a taillight design [:I]

Having opened that door now, if the above were entirely enclosed in a deep ruby red, I'd like it. Something like the Accord-Jaguar types:

BTW: So now that there are something like 10 taillights out there, where are those cool projector-style headlights?
Old 28 Mar 2004, 08:51 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Stephen R.

BTW: So now that there are something like 10 taillights out there, where are those cool projector-style headlights?
All in good time, my friend.

Mexican PT has some nice ones, and mine will be similar, but up a little notch.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 28 Mar 2004, 10:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to sakigt

THey keep getting worse.... [}]

14.67 @ 94.5 <--- Self Proclaimed Fastest East Coast PT with Black wheels!!!
Old 28 Mar 2004, 10:42 pm
Cool Cruiser

I found a listing for tails from SPW but can't for the life of me find a shot of them. Trying to get in touch with their Ad/Sales guys to see if I can find out what they look like.

And aye, those Sprinters are horrid.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 11:47 am
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sakigt

THey keep getting worse.... [}]
Yeah, but if you imagine painting everything except the two lenses body color, I think it might look sweet on some cars.I would cover up the two messed up looking side markers as something I would paint over and just have the two round lamps showing.

\"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.\"

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 29 Mar 2004, 12:01 pm
Senior Cruiser

I always thought those sidemarkers look like dog do. So that why I went with the Gen 3's.
Old 02 Apr 2004, 03:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Okay, TJ. I know you have been working on something as per previous threads. Now would this be "your" custom assembly or a true Hella product? I know the guys over at srtforums are begging for projectors, and they think that Hella pieces are the ones to have.

You guys need to go after the APC, TYC market. You're the OEM for crying out loud!!
Old 02 Apr 2004, 04:05 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

[quote]quote:Originally posted by TripleJackInGA

Quote:
quote:I would cover up the two messed up looking side markers as something I would paint over and just have the two round lamps showing.
[quote] Originally posted by KingKole02

Quote:
I always thought those sidemarkers look like dog do. So that why I went with the Gen 3's.
Those side markers are government required weather it be on the tail lights or the side of the car so the vehicle can be seen at night from the side when a light it focused toward the car. Same with the red reflector on the back-up lights, so the car reflect light back at night when the vehicle doesn't have it's own lights on.

Yea, they don't look great but you gotta have them. KingKole, your Gen 3's should have them too, if not, somewhere on the box it will read "for off road use ONLY" which makes them illegal to run around on the street.

Don't mean to just pointing out the facts.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 02 Apr 2004, 04:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Stephen R.

Okay, TJ. I know you have been working on something as per previous threads. Now would this be "your" custom assembly or a true Hella product? I know the guys over at srtforums are begging for projectors, and they think that Hella pieces are the ones to have.

You guys need to go after the APC, TYC market. You're the OEM for crying out loud!!
Yeah, I agree. APC is just really good at getting things to market quickly, which means it comes from Asia, and which means it's usually crap, as we all know about APC.
The headlamps I am doing are one-offs, so don't look for them from Hella. When I get done with them, and show off the finished product (*if* I ever get done with them), I'll make sure you all know how to do the same thing.
The reason they all want the Neon Projectors is probably because they saw the ones on our SEMA Neon from a couple of years ago. The lights were also one-offs, but you can buy the modules (part # 68136 & 68137) to make them. We just took a stock headlamp and cut the back out of it and mounted the 90mm modules offset behind it. We recently sold the car, but had to put stock lights back in it before we sold it as the others were not legal, of course.

I heard something not too long ago about DCX requesting some ideas and suggestions from us on some custom PT headlamps. I'm not sure if they were looking for an item for production, or more for Mopar Aftermarket Parts.

www.cybermopar.com

TripleJack
Old 02 Apr 2004, 06:45 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:I'm not sure if they were looking for an item for production, or more for Mopar Aftermarket Parts.
Offering an OEM-quality BLACK projector HID/Halogen assembly through the new Mopar stores would be AOK with me. Just get them out there, Chrysler!

Well shut my mouth:

Here are the chromies in black. The reflector issue seems to fade away with this color combo. Looks good to me [?] Gees, I guess all you have to do is be patient