Advertisements

Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Humidity in tail lamps, no waranty??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Mar 2004, 12:20 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Humidity in tail lamps, no waranty??

Last friday I took my 03GT for maintenance, one of the things that I wanted them to fix is humidity in the driver side tail light.

They denied Waranty service in accordance to a DC message saying that No lamps will be replaced due to humidity...

Has anybody heard of this before???

I talked to the manager and he didn't back down from this. I still have a "wet" tail lamp...

I know that I can purchase an aftermarket set and be done with it, but now is a tail lamp, next could be the door seals...

even though I showed him the waranty information booklet that states that everything is covered for three years or 36,000 miles, my car has one year and only 7,328 miles, he said that a DC message goes over the Waranty booklet...

What should be my next step???

I called the number in the Waranty book but nobody answers the phone..[xx(]

Ian
Old 29 Mar 2004, 01:32 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Email Chrysler corporate. That's BS. What they meant was they will not replace BULBS - but moisture is the taillamps is something they ought to address. [xx(]
You might ask to speak to owner of dealership and explain the distinction between bulbs and the lamp assembly and give them one last chance...

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 29 Mar 2004, 01:35 pm
Senior Cruiser

The next step is to break your foot off in his $$$.

I would call Chrysler 1-800 # and see what happens.

I would try a aftermarket taillight and see if it gets the same thing. If it does then your problem may be larger then a lowsy taillight.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 03:41 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I just E-mailed them...

Now I play the Waiting game[B)]
Old 29 Mar 2004, 04:28 pm
Senior Cruiser

Thats good you should get some answer from the real professionals now. [}]
Old 29 Mar 2004, 06:33 pm
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ian-PT-GT

Last friday I took my 03GT for maintenance, one of the things that I wanted them to fix is humidity in the driver side tail light.

They denied Waranty service in accordance to a DC message saying that No lamps will be replaced due to humidity...

Has anybody heard of this before???

I talked to the manager and he didn't back down from this. I still have a "wet" tail lamp...

I know that I can purchase an aftermarket set and be done with it, but now is a tail lamp, next could be the door seals...

even though I showed him the waranty information booklet that states that everything is covered for three years or 36,000 miles, my car has one year and only 7,328 miles, he said that a DC message goes over the Waranty booklet...

What should be my next step???

I called the number in the Waranty book but nobody answers the phone..[xx(]

Ian
Actually the dealer is right if your Cruiser is over 12 months or 12,000 mile it would not be covered.But they are stupid by not taking care of it under what is called Goodwill. A little fund that dealers use for things that are close to being in warranty.

Most people are shocked to find what they think is a bumper to bumper warranty doesn't cover quite a few things like Body, paint brakes to name a few are covered 12/12 and that's it. If you really read your owners manual you'll be shocked to find what isn't covered but Chrysler wants you to think EVERYTHING is covered but never has been and never will be.
Old 29 Mar 2004, 06:54 pm
Young Cruiser

I think the dealer is trying to sock it to you. I had my right tail light assembly replaced under warrenty with 24,000 miles on the car. Moisture had build up inside. Sounds like the same problem to me. If DC is now welching on a legitimate warranty item I'd want to hear it directly from them.

I'm not talking about bad bulbs here. I'm talking about a leaking tail light assembly. That should be a warranty item!

Puck

Old 29 Mar 2004, 09:29 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to gonzomania

I would call the 1-800 chrysler # Every time I've called I have been handled curtiosly and expeditiously. Remember dealer doesn't like you calling them because now everything is tracked for 5 star ratings. This might hedge to your favor. Bulbs I wouldn/t think would be covered if over 12mths/12,000 miles but condensation in lamp area should be

Gonz
Old 30 Mar 2004, 09:04 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Grouch

Actually the dealer is right if your Cruiser is over 12 months or 12,000 mile it would not be covered.But they are stupid by not taking care of it under what is called Goodwill. A little fund that dealers use for things that are close to being in warranty.

Most people are shocked to find what they think is a bumper to bumper warranty doesn't cover quite a few things like Body, paint brakes to name a few are covered 12/12 and that's it. If you really read your owners manual you'll be shocked to find what isn't covered but Chrysler wants you to think EVERYTHING is covered but never has been and never will be.
The waranty that you are talking is for the cars with the 3 year/30,000 mile waranty. I have the 7/70 waranty and the booklet is very specific and clear

I am using the 2003 Waranty information booklet, July 2002 edition.

Paragraph 2.1.A. "There is no list of covered parts since the only exception is tires."

Paragraph 2.1.E. "The basic Waranty lasts for 36 months from the date it begins or for 36,000 miles on the odometer." "But the following items are covered only for 12 months or for 12,000 miles on the odometer."
"Brakes"
"Wiper Blades"
"Clutch Disks and"
"Windshield and Rear window"

To the best of my knowledge the tailight is covered under the basic waranty unless there is another thing in this booklet that says otherwise...

I don't think there is any goodwill in this issue. I requested them to put the denial in writing and he informed me that they can't do that... in the service reciept it just says that the repaired was not performed. no explanation at all...

Ian
Old 30 Mar 2004, 09:07 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Agree with you Ian. It's not a bulb, which wouldn't be covered, it's a defective tailight assembly, admitting moisture. Can't believe they're trying to weasel out.[xx(]