Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Danny7627
  • 1 Post By NitroPT
  • 2 Post By wwpptc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Mar 2014, 05:31 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default Vauxhall Corsa Rear Wiper "Chromed"

Inspired by a few on the forum, I also had to have the Vauxhall Corsa rear wiper arm that strangely enough fits the PT Cruiser lol.

Rear Window Wiper Arm Blade for Vauxhall Corsa C MKII Hatchback 00 06 G62 | eBay

As the order took some time to arrive from Hong Kong, I began browsing E-Bay and thought maybe one of the Chromed plastic covers for rear wiper arms could be made to fit the Corsa arm. I took a chance and ordered one that fits a 2011 Kia Sportage. (Also from China)

(As you may have noticed on my PT a little chrome here and there

New Chrome Rear Window Wiper Cover Trim Exterior for Kia Sportage R 2011 2012 | eBay

By far not a perfect fit, but with a little finagling, I was able to make it work.

I bought a shorter 12" wiper blade and cut 3 small pieces of chrome trim to cover a small gap. I was also was generous with 3M adhesion promoter to make sure the cover was on good and secure.

Getting the OEM wiper off went smoothly using the terminal puller as was noted in the earlier posts. Thanks for the inspiration and the tips on the install!
Gibson Stainless Exhaust, Air Aid Intake/Throttle Body Spacer, Freedom Strut Tower, Champion Iridium Plugs, Magnacore Wires, Gates Blue Racing Micro-V Belts, Danny Designed Hood Liner, Chrome Engine Bolt Covers. Chrome Oil, Power Steering and Brake Fluid Covers. Custom Modesty Cover. Cooper Zeon RS3-A Tires, "Hela 825" Chrome Wheels, Eiback Front and Rear Sway Bars, 25mm Hub-centric Wheel Spacers, MPG Front Caliper Covers, Poly Bushings (Control Arms, Spring Seats, and Bump Stops), ST Lowering Springs, Tokico Shocks, KYB Struts. [/COLOR][/COLOR]
Custom Upper/Lower Grille, Chrome Belt Trim, Pillow Posts and Bumper, Door Handle Cup Inserts, Gem Wonder Woman Hood Ornament. Chrome Wiper Blades
Chrome Surround Instrument Cluster, Cup Holder, Shifter, Door Handles, Custom Door Lock Pins, PT Cruiser Scuff Plates.
Spyder L.E.D. Fog Lights, Accent L.E.D. lighting on the Front Upper/Lower Grilles, Rear License Plate and a Modified L.E.D. Third Brake Light, OOGHA Horn...
Old 06 Mar 2014, 05:39 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Vauxhall Corsa Rear Wiper "Chromed"

No way.....that's great! I love it when I see someone making something work none applicated and just not buying and installing and saying lookie what I got!!

You sir are a MODDER in every respect of what the true meaning is suppose to be!

Danny7627 likes this.

ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Hot rodders are a strange lot. They’ll spend thousands of dollars on performance parts to improve acceleration, handling or braking, but most won’t spend one dime on testing to discover if all those parts really made a difference!
Remember this: All modifications build on each other SO the better you configure your mods to work with each other, the more powerful your car will be.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 07:29 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Re: Vauxhall Corsa Rear Wiper "Chromed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny7627 View Post
Inspired by a few on the forum, I also had to have the Vauxhall Corsa rear wiper arm that strangely enough fits the PT Cruiser lol.

Rear Window Wiper Arm Blade for Vauxhall Corsa C MKII Hatchback 00 06 G62 | eBay

As the order took some time to arrive from Hong Kong, I began browsing E-Bay and thought maybe one of the Chromed plastic covers for rear wiper arms could be made to fit the Corsa arm. I took a chance and ordered one that fits a 2011 Kia Sportage. (Also from China)

(As you may have noticed on my PT a little chrome here and there

By far not a perfect fit, but with a little finagling, I was able to make it work.

I bought a shorter 12" wiper blade and cut 3 small pieces of chrome trim to cover a small gap. I was also was generous with 3M adhesion promoter to make sure the cover was on good and secure.

Getting the OEM wiper off went smoothly using the terminal puller as was noted in the earlier posts. Thanks for the inspiration and the tips on the install!
Good work! That's using your noodle!

Quick question---who's the ugly guy looking out the back window with the camera in his hands?:

You know I'm just kidding, right.

Wait you didn't say you had a PT AND guns!

Jerry

Last edited by wwpptc; 06 Mar 2014 at 07:31 pm.
Old 06 Mar 2014, 10:02 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Vauxhall Corsa Rear Wiper "Chromed"

Quote:
Holy Cow!....It looks like it came that way.
Quote:
Getting the OEM wiper off went smoothly using the terminal puller as was noted in the earlier posts.
Your welcome.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
Instances like these are where a battery terminal puller like this serves a second duty.....

Attachment 10270
Old 07 Mar 2014, 05:34 am
Cool Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Vauxhall Corsa Rear Wiper "Chromed"

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyincctx View Post
Holy Cow!....It looks like it came that way.
Your welcome.......
Thanks Randy, I would have been stumped after I got the nut off the wiper wondering what was holding the bloody thing on. The little terminal puller I bought was a bit flimsy but it served its purpose. Just a couple of curse words and it popped right off..lol

Dan
Gibson Stainless Exhaust, Air Aid Intake/Throttle Body Spacer, Freedom Strut Tower, Champion Iridium Plugs, Magnacore Wires, Gates Blue Racing Micro-V Belts, Danny Designed Hood Liner, Chrome Engine Bolt Covers. Chrome Oil, Power Steering and Brake Fluid Covers. Custom Modesty Cover. Cooper Zeon RS3-A Tires, "Hela 825" Chrome Wheels, Eiback Front and Rear Sway Bars, 25mm Hub-centric Wheel Spacers, MPG Front Caliper Covers, Poly Bushings (Control Arms, Spring Seats, and Bump Stops), ST Lowering Springs, Tokico Shocks, KYB Struts. [/COLOR][/COLOR]
Custom Upper/Lower Grille, Chrome Belt Trim, Pillow Posts and Bumper, Door Handle Cup Inserts, Gem Wonder Woman Hood Ornament. Chrome Wiper Blades
Chrome Surround Instrument Cluster, Cup Holder, Shifter, Door Handles, Custom Door Lock Pins, PT Cruiser Scuff Plates.
Spyder L.E.D. Fog Lights, Accent L.E.D. lighting on the Front Upper/Lower Grilles, Rear License Plate and a Modified L.E.D. Third Brake Light, OOGHA Horn...