Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Chrysler Bra

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Apr 2004, 08:55 am
Fresh Cruiser

Default Chrysler Bra

I'm thinking of buying the bra from Chrysler for those long road trips to prevent the stone chips etc.
What is involved in the installation of this bra. Are there any holes to drill for hardware, and if so, is the hardware visible when the bra is not on the car.
Any and all information appreciated.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 09:19 am
Senior Cruiser

Don't have the Chrysler bra, Just wanted to welcome you to this
forum.[^]Full bra for roads trips is a good idea[?]IMHO

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 11 Apr 2004, 11:55 am
Regular Cruiser

In each fender well you'll replace 2 screws with snap head screws and drill and add a snap screw. Other than that everything else is straps and hooks that come on the bra. No big deal! The snaps heads are chrome so yes their somewhat visible against the black fender well. Better than the paint chips you'll get if you don't use a bra. I only use mine on road trips.
Happy crusin'
04 GT Inferno Red Loaded, Mopar Dual Exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Mopar Cabin Air Filter, Mopar BOV Kit, Blane Hood Struts, Strut Tower Brace, Kaiser Custom 17\" Wheels, Nankang Sport NS-1 225/45R17 Tires, Custom Decals, TYC Back-up Lights, LED Glow Lights in and out, Red Fuzzy Dice, Yet To Go; Mopar Stage-2 Turbo Kit, Mopar Stage-2 Suspension, Custom Paint.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 12:21 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Don't use one myself, but if you do a serach on posts, there are 2 big tips that come thru- be sure car is clean so dirt doesn't get rubbed by bra and scratch, and don't leave bra on when it's wet.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 11 Apr 2004, 02:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

My PT wears a bra when we go on trips other than "around town. The above tips are VERY important. I went on Google and found a full bra from Wolf for less han $80.oo. No, it dosen't have the Chrysler emblem on it, but at 1/2 the price and used on the road, the PT dosen't care!!!
Old 11 Apr 2004, 04:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Thanks for the info.
Lots of good tips here on the forum to help us newbies.

Thanks again

PT Cruiser Classic Edition - Bright Silver Metallic - Slate Interior
Old 11 Apr 2004, 07:58 pm
Cool Cruiser

I have the Mopar bra, the hood piece goes on and off in just seconds. The lower piece is still in the box so I have no advice on it.
Old 11 Apr 2004, 08:23 pm
Veteran Cruiser

If the bra gets wet then take it off or it will cause clouding and make white spots on your paint.

\'04 Graphite PT Automatic
Old 11 Apr 2004, 09:47 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

I have a 2004 pt turbo silver in color and had the 3m tape installed on the front. It looks great and from a few feet you do not even see it and it has already saved the front end from chips on the freeways around louisville. The best think is you dont have to remove it in the rain and you can wax right over it.