Advertisements
trailer hitch

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crid

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09 Oct 2014, 05:52 pm
Cool Cruiser

Default trailer hitch

how many of you got one? any advise... looking at a CURT hitch kit .. I have very little experience with hitches...seems its a bolt in and plug and play wiring.but I wonder about my spare tire..is it gonna interfere.any advise will be welcome.. thanks

Last edited by 3rcruiser; 09 Oct 2014 at 05:55 pm.
Old 09 Oct 2014, 06:26 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: trailer hitch

Just be advised that a PT is only rated to tow 1,000 pounds.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 09 Oct 2014, 09:00 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
Just be advised that a PT is only rated to tow 1,000 pounds.
Pssh pulled way more than 1000 lbs with mine. I use to install hitches for a living. I have a draw tite on mine. 2 holes in the bumper frame and 2 in the tow hook bolt holes after u remove them
2006 Cruiser, Non-Turbo, 19 inch Konig Trouble rims on 225/35/19 Ironman Imove tires, Airaid CAI, E3 Plugs, msd super conductor 8.5 mm wires, Freedon Design Strut Tower Brace, Glow Shift Pillar gauges, EBC Slotted Rotors with EBC Green Stuff Ceramic Fiber Core Pads, Lowerd on Tien springs, Full Custom Kenwood Excelon sound system with 1 12" JL Audio W0, 8000k Blue hids up top and aftermarket OEM Fogs with white 8000k in bumper. Ipcw Bermuda black true led taillights with tinted reverse lights.
Old 09 Oct 2014, 10:22 pm
Cool Cruiser

ya I wasn't expecting to tow a motorhome...a tiny trailer when needed...I knew I should of bought a pt matching trailer when I had the dough.. I will have to settle for a crappy one now ..lol..prob no more than 600/ 700 lbs of stuff max prob less tho. but I still want to know if my spare tire needs to go???????????
Old 09 Oct 2014, 10:51 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rcruiser View Post
ya I wasn't expecting to tow a motorhome...a tiny trailer when needed...I knew I should of bought a pt matching trailer when I had the dough.. I will have to settle for a crappy one now ..lol..prob no more than 600/ 700 lbs of stuff max prob less tho. but I still want to know if my spare tire needs to go???????????
Spare stays where it is. Hitch tucks up under the bumper
3rcruiser likes this.
2006 Cruiser, Non-Turbo, 19 inch Konig Trouble rims on 225/35/19 Ironman Imove tires, Airaid CAI, E3 Plugs, msd super conductor 8.5 mm wires, Freedon Design Strut Tower Brace, Glow Shift Pillar gauges, EBC Slotted Rotors with EBC Green Stuff Ceramic Fiber Core Pads, Lowerd on Tien springs, Full Custom Kenwood Excelon sound system with 1 12" JL Audio W0, 8000k Blue hids up top and aftermarket OEM Fogs with white 8000k in bumper. Ipcw Bermuda black true led taillights with tinted reverse lights.
Old 10 Oct 2014, 12:27 pm
Cool Cruiser

thanks man that was a concern of mine..i appreciate it
Old 10 Oct 2014, 01:26 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Quote:
how many of you got one? any advise... looking at a CURT hitch kit .. I have very little experience with hitches...seems its a bolt in and plug and play wiring.but I wonder about my spare tire..is it gonna interfere.any advise will be welcome.. thanks
I've got a Curt hitch and I LOVE it. They're a great company and they're made in the U.S so you know it's nothing cheap. Super easy to install as well. There is no drilling required for most of them and all you have to do is raise the hitch into position and install the fasteners.

I purchased my hitch from Hitchweb. Here is the link if you wanted to take a look at the hitch: Class 1 Hitch Chrysler PT Cruiser
As well as the install instructions: PT CRUISER Install Instructions It loos like you do have to temporarily lower the spare tire to install the hitch.

I believe Hitchweb sells a direct plug in wiring harness as well. You can take a look here: T-Connector Chrysler PT Cruiser

Hope this helps!
Old 10 Oct 2014, 06:10 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
thanks man that was a concern of mine..i appreciate it
No prob glad to help