PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
APG Vertical Grill ?

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02 Nov 2014, 08:13 am
Cool Cruiser

Default APG Vertical Grill ?

Before I purchase this grill (on Ebay for 59.95), APG #R96904V, It says that there is some 'cutting' needed. Does anyone own this grill? If so, what 'cutting' do you think there talking about? Thanks.
Old 02 Nov 2014, 09:01 am
Cool Cruiser

Default Re: APG Vertical Grill ?

APG
Old 02 Nov 2014, 10:25 am
Obsessed Cruiser

That appears to be standard language from APG. How is applies to your specific grill will vary. APG does not describe actual installation on a PT Cruiser from what I can tell. An actual description from a member that has one would be best.

The worse case scenario is that you will have to cut the center out of your existing stock grill and then drill holes in what's left to attach the APG grill. But again, that may not be the case and we will need someone with this grill installed to let us know for sure.
Old 02 Nov 2014, 01:55 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Red face Re: APG Vertical Grill ?

and....not posting a link to the actual eBay item, to see it, ties our hands on any advice.

Otherwise, you are asking us an incomplete question, and expecting US to do your research.

2011 GWE Dodge Challenger SRT8 as Show Car
2003 PT Cruiser GT Panel Van Conversion as new day driver.

Have now owned 6 PT Cruisers = Me PT Crazy!
Old 02 Nov 2014, 02:41 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
and....not posting a link to the actual eBay item, to see it, ties our hands on any advice.

Otherwise, you are asking us an incomplete question, and expecting US to do your research.
My take is that the OP is asking for advise from someone that has it or installed it on their PT cruiser. the information he provided is exactly what he looked at and if other's looked is very vague for installation information.
Generic answer's IMHO from those that have NOT installed or helped installed one of those is kinda funny to say the least?

I would call the supplier or better the manufacture and request an installation guide specifically for the PT Cruiser. This would IMO a better option if a member that has "DIRECT" experience with the product answers.

Sorry Todd I am not really targeting you because you are one of the best DIY common sense modder I know.

There just seems to be a few(or less) regular members that do not really have mechanical experience with all the variable and sometimes complex PT Cruiser issues but tend to continue responding on virtually every daily thread with information as if they personally have practical experience with the questioned problems. But reality are only coping what other's have posted as possible fixes and not really knowing or even to consider if it is correct information. Or they send the poor member on a hunt with so many answers making the original problem seem more than it may be?

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 02 Nov 2014, 03:34 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
My take is that the OP is asking for advise from someone that has it or installed it on their PT cruiser. the information he provided is exactly what he looked at and if other's looked is very vague for installation information.
Generic answer's IMHO from those that have NOT installed or helped installed one of those is kinda funny to say the least?

I would call the supplier or better the manufacture and request an installation guide specifically for the PT Cruiser. This would IMO a better option if a member that has "DIRECT" experience with the product answers.

Sorry Todd I am not really targeting you because you are one of the best DIY common sense modder I know.

There just seems to be a few(or less) regular members that do not really have mechanical experience with all the variable and sometimes complex PT Cruiser issues but tend to continue responding on virtually every daily thread with information as if they personally have practical experience with the questioned problems. But reality are only coping what other's have posted as possible fixes and not really knowing or even to consider if it is correct information. Or they send the poor member on a hunt with so many answers making the original problem seem more than it may be?
So your not talking this particular thread for the most part. But the forum in general.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 02 Nov 2014, 03:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post

I would call the supplier or better the manufacture and request an installation guide specifically for the PT Cruiser.

You know, of course, that one line above would have been a perfect answer without all the ramblings on about others trying to help.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 03 Nov 2014, 12:30 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Larry, curly and Moe

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 03 Nov 2014, 12:34 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWZIN View Post
You know, of course, that one line above would have been a perfect answer without all the ramblings on about others trying to help.
Yup! I could have? But....
I needed to make a point! And for those of us who talked today we have already seen the expected response via the "like" !

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN
Old 03 Nov 2014, 12:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
So your not talking this particular thread for the most part. But the forum in general.
Yes thats correct. I sorta let the thread grow a bit towards supping information and doing what we all do on occasion going slightly off topic.

Now has anyone got the APG installation guide yet to post?

Dalai Lama
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN