Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Chrome shorty antena

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08 Dec 2002, 06:33 pm
Young Cruiser

Default Chrome shorty antena

hey guys, I saw someplace where someone was talking about replacing their black stock antena with a chrome shorty, I think that would look really nice on my wifes GT...wheres a good place to locate one of these?

Old 08 Dec 2002, 06:43 pm
Young Cruiser

Ok all...sorry to bother you with this...I did some searching and found a nice 18.5" antena for $19.00 and a chrome bezel for $24.00 at Revels.
Has anyone ordered from this company before? are they reputable?

Old 08 Dec 2002, 06:50 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Taz,
Don't know about that place, but before ordering, browze thru the MOSS catalog (on-line)for both the billet antenna (they have a choise of 3) and the chrome Bezel. Lots of us have used MOSS and they'll send you a magazine catalog free, or order on-line. Try em:

www.cruiserbits.com

Old 08 Dec 2002, 07:37 pm
Young Cruiser

Thanks CREWZIN, I'll do that...going to order a couple of things for my wife for christmas..going to get her the chrome antena,bezel and the euro clear tail lights. Going to look at your site now

Old 08 Dec 2002, 09:18 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Taz,

On the APC Euro lights. There are two kinds of APC lights now. You probably know about the first generation lights. There were all kinds of problems, but supposedly the problems were fixed. I have the "fixed" ones, as so far so good. But, APC brought out a second generation set of Euro lights. They are about the same price, maybe a bit higher since a lot of sellers are reducing the price of the "first generation" because of the bad rap they got. Here's a picture of the "second generation" Euro lights. Make sure you know which one's your ordering when you buy.

Old 08 Dec 2002, 09:22 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Taz,
Here's a pic of the "fixed" first generation lights. They changed a couple things in the inside and added high intensity low heat bulbs to replace the OEM bulbs. You can see they are giving the bulbs away now with the lights.

Old 08 Dec 2002, 10:11 pm
Young Cruiser

cool thanks for the info crewzin, I would have never known...got any recomindations on who to order the lights from? i dont recall seeingthe at the moss site but I'll go back and look again.

Old 08 Dec 2002, 10:31 pm
Young Cruiser

CREWZIN...I've found plenty of sites selling the 1st generation but none of them sell the low heat bulbs with the kits, they all claim to use the existing bulbs...I've found no site that sells the ones the 2nd generation

Old 08 Dec 2002, 11:17 pm
Young Cruiser

CREWZIN...disregard my last post, I right clicked on the picture you posted and clicked on properties, I was able to get the addy for the website where you pulled the picture from...thanks again, i ordered the lights in the picture you posted

Old 09 Dec 2002, 01:48 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Taz,
Glad I could help. That looks like a pretty good company to deal with, and a great variety of aftermarket parts. I've never dealt with them but it looks a lot less risky than going thru Ebay where I got the picture from and if your happy with the price, there's no worry about someone outbidding you.

Good luck...hope the wife likes what you picked out for her. I have a silver car and have the carbon fiber Euro lights.