Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Billet Aluminum Beltline Kit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Apr 2004, 02:29 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Default Billet Aluminum Beltline Kit

Where can I find this kit? And is there one that's polished?
Old 29 Apr 2004, 04:28 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Can't see your picture, but here's 3 choices...
http://www.revelenterprises.com/pt_c...ubcategory.htm

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 29 Apr 2004, 04:51 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Whoa, 300 bucks, ouch. Does anyone sell them for a lot cheaper, or does anyone make another billet aluminum beltline for cheaper?
Old 29 Apr 2004, 06:09 pm
Senior Cruiser

I bought the Stull Beltline kit from www.raceandstreet.com a month or so ago when they had it on sale for about $250 including shipping. I looked at several of the chromed plastic beltline kits and wanted something a bit more substantial. I like how this kit does NOT wrap all the way around the car and the fact that the ends terminate in a pattern similar to the Chrysler Wing logo. I shined the pieces up prior to install using a basic aluminum polish and it really looks good. I had seen some pictures of it on a couple of cars but hadn't seen one in person, so I also liked that it was somewhat unique.

If you do get it there are a few things you should note when installing it: Since it is billet it will have "body" to it. That is, you'll have to shape it a bit to make it conform to the curves of your car so that you get good, solid adhesion along the entire length of the pieces. I wasn't as diligent about this as I should have been of a couple of the pieces and had to remove them a couple days after putting them on. I cleaned them up thoroughly on the back and applied fresh 3M tape, then shaped them by carefully rubbing them over my leg and testing that they laid flat on the car. I figured if I held a given piece to the car just by the center of it and both ends came in contact with the car I had the shape I wanted. They already come pre "bent" to a degree, but they need a little coaxing.

All in all I think it was well worth it, but then again I got a pretty good deal on it. You can see it in my sig pic below and on my website.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 07:49 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Does the beltline seem to match the sheen of your other chrome?
Old 29 Apr 2004, 10:32 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
quote:HROMEDCRUISER Posted - 04/29/2004 : 6:49:38 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does the beltline seem to match the sheen of your other chrome?
I have the chrome fuel filler door on my car and while I didn't use the Stull piece that would go over the body colored door I do have the two pieces that go on either side of it. If you buff it up like I did it's pretty darn close. Close enough that it doesn't look out of place with the chrome door right there. I'll take a picture of the area tomorrow and post it up for you to look at.
Old 30 Apr 2004, 06:56 pm
Senior Cruiser

As promised, here's a pic of the Stull Beltline kit as it compares to my chrome fuel door and chrome door handles. Does it look or shine just like chrome? Of course not, although you probably could have it highly polished before applying it, maybe even hit it with a dremel and some jewelers rouge before putting it on. I hand polished mine prior to installation and it shines pretty well, but if you really want/need a true chrome shine....well, that's your decision - it's your car. I really like the way this kit looks. If your fuel door is body colored there is a piece in the Stull kit that fits the door. By the way, I did not install the piece that is designed to run down the center of the hood - didn't think it fit with the rest of the car.