Go Back   PT Cruiser Forum > General Forums > Exterior Accessories Forum

PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Bumper cover (Ground effects)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29 Apr 2004, 09:38 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Bumper cover (Ground effects)

Hello all i was wondering about the front bumper cover if you replace it when you put a ground effects kit on or some parts are attached to the original?I just bought a 2002 with front end damage and the cover has to be replaced.The diff brands of kits donot give you much info so i was wondering if anyone else got a kit and how they made out with the cover.Thanks any help would be great.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 10:05 pm
Young Cruiser

It depends on what kit you buy. I am replacing mine now too becaseu some lady hit me. If you buy the crusher front end (the pic in the link) then you take your bumper off and put this on. Most all other kits just go over the top of the original. Unless you get those PTeazer front ends $$$$.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/sourceone_1780_794378
02\' Patriot Blue Cruiser, dual cat back exhaust, blue under car lights, airaid cold air intake, throttle body spacer and custom sound system.*Xenon front bumper (crusher), polished aluminum gas door.
Old 29 Apr 2004, 10:46 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Hey Gray, welcome to the forums. The bumper assembly in front from the bumper to the foglamps is one assembly.
There are a variety of options from add on ground effects, to bumper covers, to full front fascia replacements.
Here are some pics of options:
Lower airdamn on stock front end:
http://www.pt-tuning.com/images/exte...on_SilverFrnt-
Full lower fascia (replaces front bumper
http://www.pt-tuning.com/images/exte...usher_BlackFt-
Cover over existing bumper:
http://www.pt-tuning.com/images/exterior/Xenon_RedFrnt-
Hope this helps. Courtesy of PT Tuning.com

2003 GT Inferno Red,5-spd,Eibach Springs,Koni Sport Adjustables, Eibach front and rear Sway Bars, Mopar Stage 1,Mopar BOV,Custom 2.5\" Dual Tip Exhaust (Magnaflow),Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Pioneer DEH6500 Headunit, RF Punch 300 and 301 Amps,RF 12\" Sub and MB Quart Reference and Premium Speakers,Ronal RT 17x7.5\'s with Michelin Pilot Sport 225/45ZR17s, Koni Adjustible shocks, Keystone single scoop, GT Airraid Intake, Mopar Ground Effects
Homepage:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ptgtredman

http://blueman.ptenthusiasts.net/index.html
Old 27 Jul 2009, 08:28 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Default Re: Bumper cover (Ground effects)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayscruiser View Post
Hello all i was wondering about the front bumper cover if you replace it when you put a ground effects kit on or some parts are attached to the original?I just bought a 2002 with front end damage and the cover has to be replaced.The diff brands of kits donot give you much info so i was wondering if anyone else got a kit and how they made out with the cover.Thanks any help would be great.
Try checking on eBay for kits. Replacing a front bumper will gonna cost a bundle. The best thing is to call at your local junk yard and see if they have a stock bumper. Check this one, How To Replace a Front Bumper.
Old 27 Jul 2009, 08:42 pm
Senior Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to slayerdarkcross Send a message via MSN to slayerdarkcross

2004 Petty lol
Old 27 Jul 2009, 11:14 pm
Fanatic Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayscruiser View Post
Hello all i was wondering about the front bumper cover if you replace it when you put a ground effects kit on or some parts are attached to the original?
As several posters have told you, it all depends on what type you have. I have the Mopar kit and it was installed using screws.

Terry

2005 PT Cruiser Convertible - Touring Edition - Black
Mopar Spoiler, Mopar Ground Effects Kit, 16x7 American Eagle Chrome 5 Spoke Wheels, Toyo Proxes 4 225/50/R16 High Performance Tires
Autotechnica Chrome Shifter & Autotechnica Chrome Shifter Kit, Sony Headunit
Old 09 Oct 2009, 08:29 am
Fresh Cruiser

hello where can i buy the mopar body kit on your pt cruiser i like it please give me some information
Old 09 Oct 2009, 08:30 am
Fresh Cruiser

Unhappy Re: Bumper cover (Ground effects)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windancer View Post
As several posters have told you, it all depends on what type you have. I have the Mopar kit and it was installed using screws.

Terry
hello where can i buy the mopar body kit on your pt cruiser i like it please give me some information thank you
Old 09 Oct 2009, 05:46 pm
Cool Cruiser

Send a message via AIM to CYCLONE_06 Send a message via Yahoo to CYCLONE_06

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayseriptcruiser View Post
hello where can i buy the mopar body kit on your pt cruiser i like it please give me some information thank you
Go on ebay, type in PT Cruiser Body kit. Should be there. Theres also another one for sale on another PT Cruiser site brand new in the box. PTCrew.com - Learn it or Burn it. in the Have or Have nots thread in the forums.

~CYCLONE_06

"It's been said winning isn't everything... Just not by me."
--Mark Martin
Old 10 Oct 2009, 11:14 am
Fresh Cruiser

Thumbs up Re: Bumper cover (Ground effects)

THANK YOU very much i look for the body kit since 1/2 years
and do you know if the mopar body kit will fit on a smoothie front from pteazer????