PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
FastLane Graphix Hot Flames Window Tint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 May 2004, 07:51 am
Young Cruiser

Default FastLane Graphix Hot Flames Window Tint

Good morning.

Anyone installed the Hot Flames Window Tint from FastLane Graphix on their PT?? I received mine but not sure about how the install should go. They are on tissue paper and was wondering if the side facing the tissue paper is what goes against the window?

If anyone could provide some help, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Old 06 May 2004, 08:51 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Wyzard,

If there's only the one single ply tissue paper, then the sticky side of the graphic has to be on the paper itself and you have to peel the graphic off and carefully place it where you want it. You can put a very thin layer of soapy water on the area where the graphic is going to be, then place the graphic down and move it around a little to get it exactly where you want it, and squeegee the excess water out with a plastic straight edge.

If the graphic was between two layers of paper, one layer is pulled off to reveal the sticky side and the graphic is layed down where you want it and pressed down with a plastic straight edge to get any bubbles out. The soapy water can work here also.

- All decisions by the Moderator are semi-permanent, can and may be changed at his discretion but definitely will be the final word. Any action performed by the Administrator or Moderators are not to be discussed on the forum.
Old 06 May 2004, 09:42 am
Senior Cruiser

wyzard if you have any questions about how it goes on
email bill at fastlane, he will get right back to you.
airbillster@comcast.net

Wife has a 03 limited
(Steel Blue)
Old 06 May 2004, 12:33 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by wyzard
...Anyone installed the Hot Flames Window Tint from FastLane Graphix on their PT??
I have them on my car. [8D] Check out this thread: http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...?TOPIC_ID=7401

I recommend you do not install them alone but put another layer of light colored tint over them that covers the entire window as this should prevent the "hot flames tint" (especially the flame tips) from peeling around the edges. Also, unless you have done window tinting in the past you might want to consider having them installed professionally--I did, no regrets. Good luck.