Advertisements
AVS (Auto Ventshade) Window and Sunroof Air Deflectors

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Aug 2015, 11:33 am
Senior Cruiser

Default AVS (Auto Ventshade) Window and Sunroof Air Deflectors

Hiya fellow PT folks,

I recently purchased an '02 PT Cruiser Limited.

It has AVS Window Air Deflectors already installed, but I noticed that the front passenger side one is cracked. I taped it for now, but will end up replacing all of them in the future. I like the fit and finish of this brand. Does anyone else
use these? What are your opinions?

I'd also like to install one on the Sunroof. AVS makes 2 versions, the "Classic" and the "Pop Up". According to them, the Classic if for sunroofs that slide right back, and the Pop Up for sunroofs that pop up, and back, because it offers more clearance for the sunroof to pop up. This confuses me a bit, as the PT sunroof does pop up a bit, but in the back, not the front, and then slides into the roof. So my questions are:

Does anyone use this and which one, classic or popup?

What length is the model that you use?

Thank you.
Old 03 Aug 2015, 11:37 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: AVS (Auto Ventshade) Window and Sunroof Air Deflectors

I like vent visors except when it comes to cleaning. They are prone to cracking alone the edge close to the glass. I know many friends have them and never have these problems but perhaps a none garaged daily driver gets into trouble more then a garaged and seldom driven vehicle?
I have not installed them on my PT only because IMO I think it makes the PT look fatter then it is.

You may notice that I painted the lower 3 inches of my PT black to give it the illusion of slimness.

Post some pictures of your PT Cruiser in your threads Gkon!

"When people ask me why I like to drive so slow and easy, It is because I am reaching in the back and opening the N20 bottle and that my car is a PT Cruiser Racer".
Gkon likes this.

Dalai Lama
"Share you knowledge. It's the best way to achieve immortality."
ASE MASTER TECHNICIAN

Last edited by NitroPT; 03 Aug 2015 at 11:43 am.
Old 03 Aug 2015, 12:18 pm
Senior Cruiser

Amazon.com: WeatherTech Custom Fit Front & Rear Side Window Deflectors for Chrysler PT Cruiser, Dark Smoke: Automotive

I have these on my Inferno Red 2002 PT. Granted, they are a bit pricey, but I didn't want the peel and stick visors. They've held up really well for about 3 years. Not sure, but I think they have the moonroof visor as well. Edit, yes they do.

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser | WeatherTech Sunroof Wind Rain Deflector | WeatherTech.com
quicksilverdon and Gkon like this.

Last edited by soyomb; 03 Aug 2015 at 12:22 pm.
Old 03 Aug 2015, 12:50 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post
I like vent visors except when it comes to cleaning. They are prone to cracking alone the edge close to the glass. I know many friends have them and never have these problems but perhaps a none garaged daily driver gets into trouble more then a garaged and seldom driven vehicle?
I have not installed them on my PT only because IMO I think it makes the PT look fatter then it is.

You may notice that I painted the lower 3 inches of my PT black to give it the illusion of slimness.

"When people ask me why I like to drive so slow and easy, It is because I am reaching in the back and opening the N20 bottle and that my car is a PT Cruiser Racer".
I have them on the car and I do really like them, for the looks and for the function, but, alas, you are correct in that I just noticed yesterday that one of mine is cracked. I assumed it had something to do with age, as I assume they have been on the car for a long time.

I do notice though that several times I have mistakenly grabbed the deflector when closing the door, which I'm sure adds to them breaking.

(Funny and ironic, too, Nitro PT because now that it broke, I will have to remove and replace all of them, which will allow me, if necessary, to install pillar covers, as mentioned in my other thread, haha)

I will post some pics, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Thanks!
NitroPT likes this.
Old 03 Aug 2015, 12:57 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyomb View Post
Amazon.com: WeatherTech Custom Fit Front & Rear Side Window Deflectors for Chrysler PT Cruiser, Dark Smoke: Automotive

I have these on my Inferno Red 2002 PT. Granted, they are a bit pricey, but I didn't want the peel and stick visors. They've held up really well for about 3 years. Not sure, but I think they have the moonroof visor as well. Edit, yes they do.

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser | WeatherTech Sunroof Wind Rain Deflector | WeatherTech.com
Thanks for the info! Yes, a bit pricey compared to the others, but I see that they fit inside the channel, rather than stick on. Do they stay on, though? I've seen other brands too, a bit less expensive, but in some reviews the people say they fall out of the channel.

I personally don't mind sticking them on. I like the sun/moonroof as it attaches with a clip system, but, again, don't mind taping.

I still need to verify if the AVS pop up or classic is best for my car.
Old 03 Aug 2015, 01:04 pm
Senior Cruiser

Mine stay on just fine. As far as the avs for the moonroof, haven't researched or even have one, not a clue.

After reading on avs website, the classic is for powered sun/moon roofs. The popup is for tilt up roofs. If that's the route you want to go, just measure for the length you'll need. I personally would go with a product that doesn't require you to have to measure to see what will fit.
Gkon likes this.

Last edited by soyomb; 03 Aug 2015 at 01:10 pm.
Old 03 Aug 2015, 01:17 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Mine stay on just fine. As far as the avs for the moonroof, haven't researched or even have one, not a clue.

After reading on avs website, the classic is for powered sun/moon roofs. The popup is for tilt up roofs. If that's the route you want to go, just measure for the length you'll need. I personally would go with a product that doesn't require you to have to measure to see what will fit.
Seems, then, that the customer service rep described it incorrectly to me.
In that case, since I have a powered sunroof, I would use the classic (I like the look of it better).

Yeah, AVS does not make a PT specific deflector for the sun/moonroof. But they do for the air deflectors, which I find interesting.
Old 03 Aug 2015, 01:55 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroPT View Post

Here are the pics, as requested
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...albums923.html

I just saw your "quote". Very funny!
Old 03 Aug 2015, 02:06 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:

I actually moved my sunroof shield and window shields from my '02 to my '05 - they have been fine for many years.
The window shields are Weathertech, the sunroof is benevento.
I love the weathertech - not only no glue, but they don't stick out as much as the glue-on ones.
soyomb and Gkon like this.

'05 Limited Turbo Lite, (Silver, of course)4-wheel ABS, Sunroof, Spoiler. Mods: E&G Classic grill, K&N FIPK, BTG duals, rear lowered 1.5", LED washer lights, $20 catch can, Aoogah horn, Weatherflectors, Sunroof Deflector, Fuzzy Dice, rear logo flames, rear pinstripe graphic, Gen3 Taillights, rear sway bar, hood struts, Strut bar.
Traded in '02 Silver Touring Edition w/87,000 miles
Old 03 Aug 2015, 02:10 pm
Senior Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilverdon View Post
I actually moved my sunroof shield and window shields from my '02 to my '05 - they have been fine for many years.
The window shields are Weathertech, the sunroof is benevento.
I love the weathertech - not only no glue, but they don't stick out as much as the glue-on ones.
Hmmm, that's 2 for weathertech. I've got some serious thinking to do.