Advertisements
2nd Generation Body Kit ?

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By red98gt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06 Oct 2015, 07:22 am
Cool Cruiser

Default 2nd Generation Body Kit ?

WOW this is just what I've been looking for. It's on a 06 Route 66 Edition, and I'm thinking it's a late MOPAR Kit. Anyone have a clue about part numbers?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images[2].jpg (10.5 KB, 65 views)
chromer don likes this.
Old 06 Oct 2015, 07:38 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: 2nd Generation Body Kit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by red98gt View Post
WOW this is just what I've been looking for. It's on a 06 Route 66 Edition, and I'm thinking it's a late MOPAR Kit. Anyone have a clue about part numbers?
im not sure that it's 2 gen. This person should know. If such was made. The 2 gen was a big step in cutting cost in the PT. not the first cost cut but in full swing by this point. check with dealer. Only 5 years gone. They might can tell you if any part numbers exist for accessories.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.
http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...oject-1-a.html

This is a great read from one of our own! Badglas
badglas.blogspot.com
Old 06 Oct 2015, 03:38 pm
Regular Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by red98gt View Post

That looks like the Mopar body kit that used to be offered. I had it on my 4 door cruiser. I would like the front pieces for my convertible.
Old 06 Oct 2015, 04:15 pm
Banned

Looking at the larger pic below, the ground effects items appear to be bolt on items. The pieces on the bumper don't go all the way across, but appear to have about a 10"-12" gap in the middle.

This member has them on their Route 66:

Mopar ground effects - PT Cruiser Gallery

But it looks like they are no longer a member.

Last edited by rckstein; 06 Oct 2015 at 04:24 pm.
Old 06 Oct 2015, 09:40 pm
Regular Cruiser

To bad the license plates are eye sores. Looks clean. nice ride.
Old 06 Oct 2015, 10:08 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
Looking at the larger pic below, the ground effects items appear to be bolt on items. The pieces on the bumper don't go all the way across, but appear to have about a 10"-12" gap in the middle.

This member has them on their Route 66:

Mopar ground effects - PT Cruiser Gallery

But it looks like they are no longer a member.
This looks like the first gen kit. No way to know if turbo kit or non turbo. Front peaches were slightly different contour. I don't think they ever made a spicific kit for the second gen.

03 Dream stock___________________________ 04 Touring turbo lite stock_________ 02 Touring stock_____________________ The "Three Amigos"
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________Performance, Body and Service, OEM

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com
Old 06 Oct 2015, 10:54 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busted_PT View Post
This looks like the first gen kit. No way to know if turbo kit or non turbo. Front peaches were slightly different contour. I don't think they ever made a spicific kit for the second gen.
The pic in the below link is from member "xwing777" and it says that his PT is fitted with the MOPAR ground effects kit.

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...cture1037.html

This could be the Gen1 MOPAR grounds effects on this Gen2 Route 66. If you notice just in front of the front wheel, at the top of the ground effect mounted on the bumper, there appears to be 3 plugs possibly covering fasteners that may have been needed to make the Gen1 kit fit the Gen2? Those same 3 plugs don't appear on the kit on "xwing777" PT.

Last edited by rckstein; 07 Oct 2015 at 07:40 am.
Old 07 Oct 2015, 07:32 am
Cool Cruiser

Good catch rckstein, I would have never seen the plugs! Probably needed to draw the ends tight to the bumper.
Old 07 Oct 2015, 08:52 am
Obsessed Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by rckstein View Post
The pic in the below link is from member "xwing777" and it says that his PT is fitted with the MOPAR ground effects kit.

http://www.ptcruiserlinks.com/forum/...cture1037.html

This could be the Gen1 MOPAR grounds effects on this Gen2 Route 66. If you notice just in front of the front wheel, at the top of the ground effect mounted on the bumper, there appears to be 3 plugs possibly covering fasteners that may have been needed to make the Gen1 kit fit the Gen2? Those same 3 plugs don't appear on the kit on "xwing777" PT.
I hadn't seen that , could be. Or just fixing where the tape could be letting go. Who knows? But I do suspect this is gen one. Simply because I have never heard any one offering or saying anything about having a gen 2 factory ground affects kit. If someone knows the owners name. They might be able to track them down on FB on or people and ask. Just a shot in the dark but might get lucky. Xwing was doing a non turbo to turbo install. On his.

This Is my project page.

badglas.blogspot.com