Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By ptprice
  • 1 Post By Handy_Cruiser
  • 1 Post By ptprice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07 Dec 2015, 08:04 am
Dedicated Cruiser

Default Original PT roof rack

While cruisin' the yard at out local Pull-n-Pay yesterday I spotted a 2002 PT with an original roof rack. I asked my son Pricie to climb up and check it out.
It looks as as good as the day it came out of the factory. SOOO BIG doesn't want it on his roof. If it is of interest to any Forum member in acquiring it let me know and we'll take it off and get it to you. I don't think they'd charge all that much for it. It'd give me an excuse to participate in my favorite out door sport again. Junk yarding! I'm sure it'll be snapped up right quick at the yard so advise soonest.
Happy PTin', ptprice
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.
Old 07 Dec 2015, 04:02 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Original PT roof rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptprice View Post
While cruisin' the yard at out local Pull-n-Pay yesterday I spotted a 2002 PT with an original roof rack. I asked my son Pricie to climb up and check it out.
It looks as as good as the day it came out of the factory. SOOO BIG doesn't want it on his roof. If it is of interest to any Forum member in acquiring it let me know and we'll take it off and get it to you. I don't think they'd charge all that much for it. It'd give me an excuse to participate in my favorite out door sport again. Junk yarding! I'm sure it'll be snapped up right quick at the yard so advise soonest.
Happy PTin', ptprice
Great minds think alike. I saw one today too at lunch and thought the same thing. They are just held on by a bunch (8 or 10) 10mm nuts. But I think shipping the things would be a real bear.
ptprice likes this.
Old 07 Dec 2015, 11:00 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Handy, When I saw the rack on the top of the clunker I thought the same thing. High cost shipping. But this'n looks like dismantled, it would fit in a big long mailing tube like thingy, with all the parts, rails and racks side by side. It's attached with star head bolts.
Pricie, my son, said he'd be able to take it off. We looked at an assembly video this afternoon. All the yard clunkers are up safely on four welded wheel stands. It's a neat yard. The rack was there yesterday, don't know if it'll be there tomorrow. Tick tock anyone.
I'd only ask what it cost me plus packaging and shipping. Really don't know what they'd charge, but on line their over $200.00, plus shipping. I'd hope it'd be a lot less than that. I'll be glad to help any one who wants it if it's still there. I get around in the yard with my six foot Moses walking stick for balance. Great exercise! Advise?

Happy Ptin', ptprice
Handy_Cruiser likes this.
Custom Cool Vanilla White, 3 Coats. 2.4 DOHC 16V SMPI Eng. Vanity Cover, 4 Spd. Auto Trans. 2.6 Overall Top Gear, Lock-up Torque Converter. Aluminum Chrome Clad 16" X 6" Wheels, P205/55 R16 Cooper Touring tires, Touring Suspension. Chrome Package; Side Spears, Grills, Fuel Filler Door, Door Locks, Handles, PRND3-1 Bezel, Silver/Chrome Shift Ball/Knob, Bright Spoke Leather Tilt Steering Wheel. Chrome Tail Lights, 3/8" Belt Trim. Cruise Control, Power Mirrors, A/C, Deep Tinted Sun Screen Glass, Power Moon Roof, Fog and Back-Up Lights, Rear Spoiler, Variable Front Wipers W/Washers, Rear Wiper/Washer, Key less Entry, Replacement 2001 Dark Taupe Grey Suede/Leather Trim Seats, Dual Under Seat Storage Drawers, Drivers Side Power Seat Height Adjust. Full Length Console, Locking Glove Box, Overhead Temperature/Compass Console, Rear Shelf Panel, AM/FM CD GPS Navigation Radio, 6 Premium Speakers, Back up Camera/ 7" Monitor.

Last edited by ptprice; 07 Dec 2015 at 11:03 pm.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 08:01 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Any of these still around, would they fit and '01 Ltd. and how much would they be?
Old 25 Jan 2016, 08:28 pm
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelfrancisb View Post
Any of these still around, would they fit and '01 Ltd. and how much would they be?
They're still available new. Here's one on Ebay, it gives you the part number to search for, should be able to find it cheaper.

2001 2010 Chrysler PT Cruiser Roof Rack Cross Rails Mopar Genuine Brand New | eBay
Old 25 Jan 2016, 08:32 pm
Fresh Cruiser

All in the $200+ range...waaay out of my budget unfortunately. Guess its time for a trip to the junk yard when this snow clears.
Old 25 Jan 2016, 09:08 pm
Dedicated Cruiser

Michel, It's GWTW. It was stripped off two days after. Too late,ya gota jump on it right away. To me it looked like tits on a bull but to each his own. SOOO BIG would'nt have allowed that monstrosity on his roof. If your lookin' for the Jeb Clampet look, I hope ya find one.

Happy PTin', ptprice
Old 25 Jan 2016, 09:49 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Ha, very true. Ain't saying its pretty but since I use my car mostly as a sh!t hauler, they'd certainly come in handy.