PT Cruiser Forum

Advertisements
Fog Light wiring

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03 Feb 2016, 12:20 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Arrow Fog Light wiring

So . I have a 2001 pt cruiser .. my fog light does not work... i took it to the garage to get it fixed , well i needed (for unkown reasons) the clutch replaced .. i asked them to take a look at the fog light, they did nothing .. i have recently checked and fuse 8 is not in place.. so i guess the previous owner removed it ,, so it maybe the MFS . i was wondering if i disconnect the corresponding cables from pin 12 13 and 14 (or something like this) and than put a fuse back and just connect the cabels together itt will work?? Without causing any further damege ?? Thanks
Old 03 Feb 2016, 12:40 pm
Obsessed Cruiser

Default Re: Fog Light wiring

In your other post, you mention being "at University" instead of "at college" and you use pascals rather than pounds per square inch. So I am assuming you do not live the US.

Based on a discussion in another recent thread, it appears that some non-US/Canadian PT Cruisers don't use Fuse #8 for the fog lights. Where do live and where is your PT from?
Old 03 Feb 2016, 03:15 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Wow what a knowledge there.. I'm impressed.. yes you are right. The car is from Europe (Central) from Chrysler Wien. As far as i can remember when i removed the cover on the inside it said fuse 8 and fog lamp or whatever .. though i'm not sure anymore.. tomorrow morning i will check it again

Thanks for your imediat and polite reply!!!!
rckstein likes this.
Old 03 Feb 2016, 03:24 pm
Senior Cruiser

Try first your MFS ( Multi function Switch ) it's notoriously weak.
Easy switchout and cheap enough ( maybe 75$ US tops )
'03 GT Blue/ autostick.. 160,000KM ( That's 100,000miles for y'all South of the border ) All the options, the heated leather is a must up here in Canada, Love the solid heavy duty feel and obvious Torque.. The Turbo is strong, fast and reliable.. People that don't understand the love of a PT, probably don't deserve to.
Old 03 Feb 2016, 03:58 pm
Veteran Cruiser

Because Trump

Last edited by sanatanadharma; 09 Nov 2016 at 11:57 am.
Old 03 Feb 2016, 04:09 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: Fog Light wiring

Yeah. I have seen your posts!! Nice job anyway .. Thanks i'll check it
Old 03 Feb 2016, 04:14 pm
Fresh Cruiser

Smile Re: Fog Light wiring

Of course replacing it would be the most appropirate action I just can not understand that if it is the MFS than why on earth the previous owner did not replace it .. I mean a fog light is not something that i personnaly like to drive without in certain situations.. anyway Thanks for all of you i will check everything
Old 04 Feb 2016, 02:27 am
Fresh Cruiser

so ... today morning i have checked .. the indicator lamp on the dash comes on .. the orange one .. but none of the front fog lights come on.. though i haven't checked the back .. a question is that true that the front and rear fog lights has a different dash indicator ? just read than somewhere. I will defintely check now my user manual .. i really don't know why people are hating on that car .. everything seems to be well thought out not just tossed together as they say ..

UPDATE !!! the back fog lamp actually works .. so it cannot be the fuse than .. and i guess the MFS is right than .. but none of the front fog lights came on ..

last question and than i will stop my dumb questions .. if i dieceide to take apart the MFS, as the rear fog lights came on, for that i have to pull the end (it would activate the front ones .. as it does on the ones that has no rear fog lights) and than rotate that end part .. so i assume that for me aswell it is the pull ""thingy "" as well . so the question: if i attempt to repair it .. is there any chance that i could mess up something for ever ?? (as in one of the posts it said it could be done by anyone) THANK YOU

Last edited by levikeetm; 04 Feb 2016 at 05:10 am.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 07:49 am
Fanatic Cruiser

Another thread revival about Fogs - this time it's my rear fog I'm having trouble with...

I'm trying to connect 13 (fuse to MFS) to 12 (rear fog) but before I final wire the new switch in, I tried jumping accross 13 > 12 with a patch wire and got ....nothing

Checked the bulb and it's fine.

Checked contacts inside the connector and they are all fine (clean, and they show continuity back to the MFS plug)

I would have thought if I jumped 12 > 13, it should come on... ? or am I missing sumfin simple..?

(Sorry, should have said - it's a 2001 export into the EU)

Last edited by Sinbad; 30 Sep 2016 at 07:56 am.
Old 30 Sep 2016, 08:05 am
Fanatic Cruiser

To add: Wire 12 in my plug is brown/white - but there are TWO brown/white wires coming from that connector in the block.

Tags
fog, light, mfs